Comic Books

teako170

3 hours ago, AlexanderFu said:

Nice. I have a bunch that have been sitting around forever. I should dig them out and see what shape they are in. I'll post any decent ones :thumbsup I used to have all the Star Wars, from #1 to almost 100, then it got a bit boring. Also some X-men, issues in the early 100's The 1st Alpha Force issue. The Secret Wars 12 issue limited series (1st one) were really great. I hope they do it justice if they really ever film it.

Cool. Love to see them. Missed out on most of the New XM issues back in the day but grabbed a few. Still want #101. A few of those  SW issues have gotten pretty hot; #42 and #68.

I actually re-read SW last year. The set (other than #8) use to be affordable but its gotten very popular the last few years. Fingers crossed for a big screen pic.

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, teako170 said:

Cool. Love to see them. Missed out on most of the New XM issues back in the day but grabbed a few. Still want #101. A few of those  SW issues have gotten pretty hot; #42 and #68.

I actually re-read SW last year. The set (other than #8) use to be affordable but its gotten very popular the last few years. Fingers crossed for a big screen pic.

One of those first few Star Wars comics was like a space version of The Magnificent 7. I think there were 8 though

8 against the world or something to that extent. I guess we know where they got the idea.

You got me itching to dig them out! I'm going to do that tomorrow :thumbsup

I also had Elf quest comics from Warp Graphics, they were really good but not sure if too many had interest in them.

They were magazine sized and a really good story 20 issue story I believe. I can't wait to look and go down memory lane for a little while. 

• Like 1

On 11/18/2022 at 11:08 PM, teako170 said:

I did find one. Tiny bens in some corners, otherwise in decent shape. :thumbsup

It always cool when they did something like this:Avebgers.thumb.jpg.9278a96933f5521d8e18deb8672fc360.jpg

• Like 3

On 11/18/2022 at 11:08 PM, teako170 said:

I did find #42 & 68. Not in the greatest shape, but they've been sitting in a tupperware container just wasting away I'm afraid. Some of the older ones are in better condition. Ah well, I was never getting rich of these anyway. I just kept them for sentimental reasons but I'll probably get rid of them soon.1543538655_0SWC.thumb.jpg.9ba1b61b4db62c315a5fc9eac7366dfd.jpg

• Like 3

6 hours ago, AlexanderFu said:

I did find #42 & 68. Not in the greatest shape, but they've been sitting in a tupperware container just wasting away I'm afraid. Some of the older ones are in better condition. Ah well, I was never getting rich of these anyway. I just kept them for sentimental reasons but I'll probably get rid of them soon.1543538655_0SWC.thumb.jpg.9ba1b61b4db62c315a5fc9eac7366dfd.jpg

The Boba Fett cover on the bottom right is awesome. I would have that sucker framed. 

• Like 3

8 hours ago, AlexanderFu said:

Cool. Those are some fun reads.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, teako170 said:

Cool. Those are some fun reads.

I have to thank you for making the thread, otherwise I'd probably never even looked at them ever again. :thumbsup

• Like 3

Found these reprints at my local comic shop the other day. Finally got the first appearance of Superman, now I just need the first appearances of Wonder Woman and Batman so I can have the full Trinity. 

E3DB2EBD-56F3-49EA-A5EA-42E1094D222C.jpeg

0C6DEAA2-4C7E-4C66-AF80-3919228A451E.jpeg

• Like 4

GA reprints are great to own as the real deals are becoming so scarce and pricey. I own the Batman Masterpiece Edition Reprint #1. There was a guy eBay last year doing reprints of all the old GA keys but he was asking $75? a pop, so I didn’t buy any. 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Koravec said:

@DarthKato Starro is such a fun character, but I say that as a big aquaman fan generally into anything nautical lol. You saw The Suicide Squad right? That movie kind of blew my mind.

Yeah, I saw it. I thought it was excellent. I haven't read a book with Starro in it tho( Haven't got around to reading the above JLA book), but I thought it was really cool in the movie. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, teako170 said:

I own the Batman Masterpiece Edition Reprint #1. 

That, my friend, is awesome! I'm trying to find a reprint of either one of those or a Detective Comics #27. Both would be preferable. lol 

• Like 1

Nice. I haven't read any of Perez's WW stuff but I'm a huge fan of his NTT. Enjoy! I got a few issues from his FF run from my kids this holiday, plus an old-school Kirby Thor.

321056488_3122604531362953_1376662032494789819_n.jpg

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, teako170 said:

Nice. I haven't read any of Perez's WW stuff but I'm a huge fan of his NTT. Enjoy! I got a few issues from his FF run from my kids this holiday, plus an old-school Kirby Thor.

321056488_3122604531362953_1376662032494789819_n.jpg

Nice! That Thing vs Hulk cover is sick. 

• Like 2

A little display my youngest put together. Hope everyone has a Sub-tastic New Year. 

3BB2621D-B429-42F2-B575-0116CDC1E25E.jpeg

Edited by teako170
  • Like 4

14 hours ago, Yihetuan said:

Currently reading John Woo's Seven Brothers omnibus graphic novel.

PXL_20230409_003259241.jpg

I’m not a fan of Garth Ennis, but that looks pretty interesting. How is it so far? 

29 minutes ago, DarthKato said:

I’m not a fan of Garth Ennis, but that looks pretty interesting. How is it so far? 

Not very good. I just bought it because of the John Woo association. I wouldn't recommend it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Yihetuan said:

Not very good. I just bought it because of the John Woo association. I wouldn't recommend it.

Being from Ennis, that doesn’t surprise me. His writing tends to be very childish and stupid. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, teako170 said:

Just some new stuff. A little of this. A little of that.

trio.jpg

That is a beautiful cover on X-Men #101

• Like 3