RZA’s 36 Chambers Cinema - Online Movie Screenings

SMK

5 minutes ago, Drunken Monk said:

They’re screening Shogun Assassin this weekend. Tickets are $10 again.

Are you going to check it out?I was hoping for a restored Hot, Cool and Vicious. I think I'm just being greedy now. 😉 So basically you're just paying $10 to hear live commentary for a film that's already available on Blu-ray. Not sure if I'm checking it out, probably not as I'm spending any extra money I have on trying to make this forum great again. 

• Like 2

Drunken Monk
5 hours ago, SMK said:

Are you going to check it out?I was hoping for a restored Hot, Cool and Vicious. I think I'm just being greedy now. 😉 So basically you're just paying $10 to hear live commentary for a film that's already available on Blu-ray. Not sure if I'm checking it out, probably not as I'm spending any extra money I have on trying to make this forum great again. 

I’m going to wait for something a little more “special.” I missed out on Shaolin vs Wu tang but I have my fingers crossed we’ll see more interesting screenings like that.

• Like 2

Drunken Monk

The Mystery of Chess Boxing streams tonight. $10 a ticket but this isn’t a remastered version from the looks of it.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Drunken Monk said:

The Mystery of Chess Boxing streams tonight. $10 a ticket but this isn’t a remastered version from the looks of it.

If it's not a remaster, then I shall not attend. :ph34r:

• Like 2

Drunken Monk
1 hour ago, SMK said:

If it's not a remaster, then I shall not attend. :ph34r:

The screen cap on their site implies a nice print but they don’t mention any kind of remaster.

• Like 2

On 5/31/2020 at 12:30 AM, Drunken Monk said:

I got my ticket regardless. Anything is better than the widescreen VHS print that's been floating around. BTW, the screening is this Friday @ 9:15pm ETD ;)

• Like 3

Ninja Sinai
45 minutes ago, laagi said:

WOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWW!!!!

Finally!!!!!!!!!

Somebody PLEASE screen record this!!!!!

• Like 3

Drunken Monk

Holy shit, that's a way better version than I thought it would be. May have to buy tickets for this one.

• Like 4

venom10463

How did I miss this? I never received an email for Mystery of Chess Boxing. This print is technically remastered and with a little bit of work, it can look like the remastered version of Leg Fighters. I hope they consider an encore or if someone recorded it, please share a link.

Edit:

Nevermind, I went to the website and it airs this Friday.

Edited by venom10463
  • Like 3

ShaolinMapache
9 hours ago, venom10463 said:

How did I miss this? I never received an email for Mystery of Chess Boxing. This print is technically remastered and with a little bit of work, it can look like the remastered version of Leg Fighters. I hope they consider an encore or if someone recorded it, please share a link.

Edit:

Nevermind, I went to the website and it airs this Friday.

So it hasn't aired yet? There's still time?

• Like 2

venom10463
2 hours ago, SMK said:

I'll be checking it out after all. I just bought my ticket. 

ghost dancing GIF by Headexplodie

I wish RZA could have gotten Ghostface Killah to do the commentary alongside him. Hopefully they have revamp the interface to include a chat feature.

• Like 3

Please someone screen record this.

I'd love to get hold of a copy, along with Shaolin Vs Wu Tang that they showed the other week.

There's some very clever people on here that do customs who have the skills to screen record them and add both the dubbed and original language tracks to both movies.

• Like 1

On 6/2/2020 at 4:22 PM, fabhui said:

Please someone screen record this.

I'd love to get hold of a copy, along with Shaolin Vs Wu Tang that they showed the other week.

There's some very clever people on here that do customs who have the skills to screen record them and add both the dubbed and original language tracks to both movies.

If more people would buy a ticket we might actually get a physical release :yociexp83: I love customs but these screenings need support! FYI the show has been postponed to June 12th.

Edited by laagi
  • Like 3

Drunken Monk
43 minutes ago, laagi said:

If more people would buy a ticket we might actually get a physical release :yociexp83: I love customs but these screenings need support! FYI the show has been postponed to June 12th.

The 12th works better for me. Time to buy a ticket!

• Like 4

5 hours ago, laagi said:

I'm in the UK so I'm guessing it would be screened at crazy o'clock in the morning my time. I also have no interest in listening to RZA or watching a movie on my laptop. 

Now if these movies they're showing got a blu release and were subbed, dubbed or preferably both then I'd be buying them.

Until physical releases come along, customs of these would tide us over.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

sifu iron perm

i really want to watch the myster of chess boxing but its too late and will be working on friday, I will be dead asleep..

• Like 4

For anyone wanting to chat during the event, let's meet up in the Chat Room here on Fandom, which I will be placing at the top of the main page at the time of the screening, so we can "hang out" together while we watch the movie. 

TIP: You can select the chat to 'Open in popup', so you would then be able to place the chat window over the movie and see both easily on one screen.  
chat-oprninpopup.jpg.da6cc7c9aa4e1b35754167527e252d4a.jpg

• Like 4

On 6/6/2020 at 12:37 AM, sifu iron perm said:

i really want to watch the myster of chess boxing but its too late and will be working on friday, I will be dead asleep..

I have a similar problem but actually got up at 2am in the morning for their screening of Shaolin Vs WuTang... Needless to say I spent the remainder of the weekend with a hangover :laugh

• Like 2

sifu iron perm
17 hours ago, laagi said:

I have a similar problem but actually got up at 2am in the morning for their screening of Shaolin Vs WuTang... Needless to say I spent the remainder of the weekend with a hangover :laugh

Im going to set my alarm clock. 

• Like 1

There WILL be a screening of Mystery of Chess Boxing with NO COMMENTARY after the screening with commentary!!!!

20200612_094858.jpg.c136d4426543bc457ffd9ece03dd7c89.jpg

• Like 3