RZA’s 36 Chambers Cinema - Online Movie Screenings

SMK

It was a great way to spend ten bucks!

Also, I sent a question that inquiries about a possible Blu-ray release (as well as other restorations) but it never got asked. I'm guessing they don't/can't discuss it at the moment. Fingers crossed, friends!

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, dshooker said:

It was a great way to spend ten bucks!

Also, I sent a question that inquiries about a possible Blu-ray release (as well as other restorations) but it never got asked. I'm guessing they don't/can't discuss it at the moment. Fingers crossed, friends!

Mine wasn't so much a question as it was a suggestion for Dan. :)

I do hope they release this to the masses in some format.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ShaolinMapache said:

That was very good. I hope they release it on blu ray or allow users to access it on the site as an archived video. What director do you think they were talking about getting involved for the next stream? Tarantino maybe? He's the only one I can think of who would be into something like this. 

First name that came to mind as well... On the other hand wouldn't that be almost too good to be true.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, SMK said:

Mine wasn't so much a question as it was a suggestion for Dan. :)

I do hope they release this to the masses in some format.

Back in the ADC days I'm sure some member would cook up something. All you'd really need is the english and cantonese audio track. I'm positive video wouldn't pose a problem... :yociexp100:

Speaking of which did anyone ever see the movie subbed? I don't remember ever hearing of a cantonese version let alone have watched it.

Also that's something I'll add to my previous review. As a really minor complaint to an overall great viewing, I'd make the subtitles at the very least selectable. Or did I miss something?

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, laagi said:

Back in the ADC days I'm sure some member would cook up something. All you'd really need is the english and cantonese audio track. I'm positive video wouldn't pose a problem... :yociexp100:

Speaking of which did anyone ever see the movie subbed? I don't remember ever hearing of a cantonese version let alone have watched it.

Also that's something I'll add to my previous review. As a really minor complaint to an overall great viewing, I'd make the subtitles at the very least selectable. Or did I miss something?

I was going to screen capture the whole movie, but I decided not to. As I will wait for the official release and support that. I took a short screen capture clip which I posted. Someone probably did screen capture it and is most likely syncing it up with the English dub right now. The dub on this release sounded very clean though. :thumbsup

• Like 5

1 hour ago, laagi said:

Eastern Heroes released it in the UK on VHS. The print is Cantonese, subbed and unfortunately fullscreen. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, SMK said:

I was going to screen capture the whole movie, but I decided not to. As I will wait for the official release and support that. I took a short screen capture clip which I posted. Someone probably did screen capture it and is most likely syncing it up with the English dub right now. The dub on this release sounded very clean though. :thumbsup

I hope someone did and if they did I hope they send me a PM. I'd like to get hold of a copy to tide me over until an official blu ray gets released which I'd buy in a heartbeat. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, fabhui said:

Eastern Heroes released it in the UK on VHS. The print is Cantonese, subbed and unfortunately fullscreen. 

Anybody have this? I'd be interested... PM. Thanks!

• Like 1

OpiumKungFuCracker

Another thing I loved about the live stream was it had english subtitles as well. So if you wanted to just tuned out the commentary you can actually just watched the movie with the subs. Damn, they knocked it out of the park this one. Can't wait for the next show, shit ruled hard! 

• Like 3

sifu iron perm

not to derail topic but rza related..

LOL The rza is tripping here..lol..hilarious!! shrooms or something funky? 

• Like 2

Speaking of RZA I gotta give him massive props! He was really funny and you could tell the guy loves KFC just like the bunch of us; referring to himself as Kung Fu geek :laugh Also I was positively surprised of how much these movies really influenced himself as a person and his personal journey. Not to mention how cool is it to have the idea of naming a posse afther this movie! Good guy.

• Like 4

OpiumKungFuCracker
1 hour ago, laagi said:

Speaking of RZA I gotta give him massive props! He was really funny and you could tell the guy loves KFC just like the bunch of us; referring to himself as Kung Fu geek :laugh Also I was positively surprised of how much these movies really influenced himself as a person and his personal journey. Not to mention how cool is it to have the idea of naming a posse afther this movie! Good guy.

Dude for real. A huge geek, lol. I hope they add this commentary in the bluray sometime down the line. great stuff. 

• Like 4

venom10463
6 hours ago, sifu iron perm said:

I fell asleep and I paid for I too! Lol

An encore will be shown soon.

• Like 2

venom10463
14 hours ago, laagi said:

Anybody have this? I'd be interested... PM. Thanks!

I have an adc widescreen custom with Dual audio.

• Like 2

venom10463

Quality sucks, but it has the original Cantonese audio and removable subtitles. I'm in the process of uploading it to Mega and will share link upon completion.

xUOZ5Obh_o.png

cSHQqQ2l_o.png

XUIClYaJ_o.png

• Like 4

BTW, I did a transcript of the second video from a behind the scenes look at the eight diagram polefighter. Posted above ;)

• Like 1

So they'll replay Shaolin Vs WuTang this saturday afternoon. Did they re-sell tickets for that? As of today it reads "sold out" on their website. Or will previous ticket holders get another link?

• Like 2

On 5/13/2020 at 7:20 AM, laagi said:

So they'll replay Shaolin Vs WuTang this saturday afternoon. Did they re-sell tickets for that? As of today it reads "sold out" on their website. Or will ticket holders get another link?

People that bought tickets to the first showing were offered 50% off for the encore screening. 

• Like 1