Shaw Brothers vs Golden Harvest - Replay Value!

SMK

Shaw Brothers vs Golden Harvest - Quality over Quantity? Replay Value!  

45 members have voted

1. 1. Which movie studio produced films you watch more often?

• Shaw Brothers
    • Golden Harvest

SkemeRichards

Shaw Brothers as a whole gets more screenings from but there are a few Golden Harvest flicks that are always in the mix. Having seen the films in theaters as well as TV back in the 70s / 80's Shaw's were more on TV and the few flicks I've seen in theaters were a toss up between the two companies. Shaw's made a bigger impact on me but Golden Harvest had plenty of memorable films that are on par. Bruce Lee aside because his films were a different caliber but Angela Mao films are always in rotation and have been favorites since seeing them at an early age. Shaw's had more memorable actors / directors. Both are great companies that produced great films

• Like 6

On 5/4/2020 at 6:55 PM, ShawAngela said:

I voted for the Shaw Brothers' movies, but I'm in my period " rewatching Golden Harvest's movies " these last weeks.

But it's a fact that I rewatched much more Shaws' than Golden Harvest's movies...

Yes.. same.. I’ve watched 5 Shaolin masters & the Shaolin temple over & over.. along with Marco Polo.. & many others .. I find myself keep going back to, the Shaolin plot & warriors two though .. which are golden Harvest .. I like to watch the legwork of Casanova Wong & also.. Hand of death which is golden harvest.. with Jackie, sammo & Tan Tao Liang .. also super with legwork. I just think Shaw brothers have done more, that I watch over & over.. you have all the venom mob movies too.. the list goes on & on. We are lucky to have so many. The 70s was a great time for Kung fu movies. 

• Like 6