The Good Doctor's Channel - It's All About the Style

DrNgor

8 hours ago, DrNgor said:

Finally posted a new video. This time it's the beautiful and stunning Michelle Yeoh!

Good job,I wish someone could unearth the deleted Fight scene from yes madam where Michelle and Cynthia fight the Kung fu masters.👍👍

• Like 3

3 hours ago, sym8 said:

Good job,I wish someone could unearth the deleted Fight scene from yes madam where Michelle and Cynthia fight the Kung fu masters.👍👍

Thanks! Sadly, I had to edit out the fights from Royal Warriors and Reign of Assassins at Youtube's request. Bogus!

On another note, I posted a link to my Yukari Oshima video to her fanpage on Facebook. I immediately got a bunch of likes from people whose names sound like they're Filipino. I guess that should go without saying. 

• Like 4

Secret Executioner
3 hours ago, DrNgor said:

Thanks! Sadly, I had to edit out the fights from Royal Warriors and Reign of Assassins at Youtube's request.

Yeah, YouTube is kinda funny that way... Seems lots of reviewers have or have had this kind of issues with them. :sad: 

• Like 1

Started uploading an obscure CD from 1999 called "Hong Kong Cinema's Greatest Hits - Martial Arts". Sadly, the CD didn't list what film each track came from, and I've only been able to recognize two tracks in all my experience watching movies. That said, enjoy!

OBS: I can only upload 10 videos per day, so I'll do the rest of the album tomorrow.

• Like 5

So I decided to relaunch my old It's a Beautiful Film worth Fighting For website at Blogger/blogspot. I had created it at Geocities back in 2004. I stopped working on it in 2006 to start my first book. I then revived it as an affiliate of Cold Fusion Video (a B-movie review site) in 2009 and went strong until an epic server crash in 2013. After that, I tried reviving it at Blogspot, but lost interest. Well, I have 400+ movie reviews written: some posted here, some posted at the Bad Movie Message Board, some for the older incarnations of the site, and some for unpublished review compilation book projects.

I'll be moving my reviews over to the site/blog over the course of the next month. Please stop by and read some of the reviews. Many of them never got published here! The link is also in my sig, so you can drop by at any time.

https://abeautifulfilm.blogspot.com/

• Like 3

On 2/28/2022 at 8:00 PM, DrNgor said:

As of now, my Angela Mao video has over 151,000 views!

And I have 908 subscriptions.

I just watched it, GREAT ! I need to revisit all Angela's movies, now !!😀

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, ShawAngela said:

I just watched it, GREAT ! I need to revisit all Angela's movies, now !!😀

Thank you very much!

• Like 2

On 3/9/2022 at 9:58 AM, DrNgor said:

So I decided to relaunch my old It's a Beautiful Film worth Fighting For website at Blogger/blogspot. I had created it at Geocities back in 2004. I stopped working on it in 2006 to start my first book. I then revived it as an affiliate of Cold Fusion Video (a B-movie review site) in 2009 and went strong until an epic server crash in 2013. After that, I tried reviving it at Blogspot, but lost interest. Well, I have 400+ movie reviews written: some posted here, some posted at the Bad Movie Message Board, some for the older incarnations of the site, and some for unpublished review compilation book projects.

I'll be moving my reviews over to the site/blog over the course of the next month. Please stop by and read some of the reviews. Many of them never got published here! The link is also in my sig, so you can drop by at any time.

https://abeautifulfilm.blogspot.com/

I finished the initial upload of my reviews backlog (not all of them--some of them will be edited and added later, or saved for a rainy day when I don't feel like writing). There are 329 reviews to start my readers off with:

Alphabetical Index: https://abeautifulfilm.blogspot.com/p/reviews-in-alphabetical-order.html

Chronological Index: https://abeautifulfilm.blogspot.com/p/reviews-in-chronological-order.html

• Like 3

And now I can no longer post links to my website anywhere on Facebook: not on my personal timeline, not in any groups, not in Facebook messenger, and not on the page I created.

They have deleted all of the posts I've made with my links since its conception. They have even voluntarily deleted the link to my site in my own profile.

I really want to swear right now.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Rodolphe Dux
4 hours ago, DrNgor said:

And now I can no longer post links to my website anywhere on Facebook: not on my personal timeline, not in any groups, not in Facebook messenger, and not on the page I created.

They have deleted all of the posts I've made with my links since its conception. They have even voluntarily deleted the link to my site in my own profile.

I really want to swear right now.

I liked to your page and I was eager to read the content. Facebook is weird, sometimes I don’t get how they moderate. Hope they’ll unlock your page mate. I like your work, and obviously I like your style :wink

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Rodolphe Dux said:

I liked to your page and I was eager to read the content. Facebook is weird, sometimes I don’t get how they moderate. Hope they’ll unlock your page mate. I like your work, and obviously I like your style

Thank you. I'll probably have to buy a domain so I can go back to posting there. We'll see.

If you happen to use Twitter, you can follow me here:

• Like 2

Rodolphe Dux
3 hours ago, DrNgor said:

Thank you. I'll probably have to buy a domain so I can go back to posting there. We'll see.

If you happen to use Twitter, you can follow me here:

Thanks I'll follow you on twitter. I'm not sure if buying a domain will solve the problem but you can try, maybe verifying your account with 2 factors auth is a better option. Cheers and good luck mate.

• Like 1

Since my birthday will fall on Chinese New Year, I decided to dedicate the month of February at my site to reviewing movies with "Dragon" in the title. Join me for the Month of the Dragon!

https://abeautifulfilm.blogspot.com/2024/01/month-of-dragon.html

(links to reviews will be added to original post as they are posted)

Month%20of%20the%20Dragon.png

Edited by DrNgor
  • Like 4

If anyone wants to follow "It's a Beautiful Film Worth Fighting For" on X, please feel free:

For the month of August at my site, I will be focusing on reviewing films from 2015. I haven't reviewed a single film from that year, so now it's time to rectify. Join me at "It's a Beautiful Film Worth Fighting For" for Review All Years, Part II: 2015

Expect Taiwanese arthouse, Korean period pieces, Mainland Chinese Fantasy, one of Jackie Chan's last decent films, belated sequels, Scott Adkins, and more!

• Like 1

Drunken Monk

I'll be interested to see your review of Ip Man 3, if you review it. It seems to have become very divisive over the years.