laagi

12 hours ago, thundered mantis said:

Man, are you saying there are known 2.35 prints of

BUDDHIST FIST

DAGGERS 8

THE VICTIM

SUPER POWER

FEARLESS DRAGONS

out there? The only ones I knew of were 1.85 or 1.78 at Best. Damn, this is big news for me. Fearless Dragons there was a wide Arabic subbed print, but it was in very bad shape... 

vlcsnap-2020-05-18-14h18m20s422.png

vlcsnap-2020-05-18-14h20m09s354.png

vlcsnap-2020-05-18-14h20m15s160.png

vlcsnap-2020-05-18-14h20m29s042.png

Edited by laagi
  • Like 5

Iron Head Rat
On 5/18/2020 at 12:50 AM, thundered mantis said:

My list would be:

LEGEND OF A FIGHTER

THE VICTIM

BUDDHIST FIST

THE REBELLIOUS REIGN

MYSTERY OF CHESS BOXING

CRYSTAL FIST

SUPER POWER

36 CRAZY FISTS

KILLER WEARS WHITE

FEARLESS DRAGONS 

I've also just seen, that Fortune Star have uploaded trailers for The Loot & The Rebellious Reign today. So maybe a sign for future restores & releases?

• Like 3

venom10463
On 5/10/2020 at 10:09 AM, TheKungFuRobber said:

I'm counting on myself to see every movie mentioned or recommended on this server that is worth watching at least more than once. I have DVDs sitting, unopened waiting for me to sit through them. I don't want to do the math of how long it will take to watch all of them. Not that I'm frightened...

I hear you brother. My unwatched pile continues to grow. I have over 1000 movies on hard drives I need to burn and watch. It honestly feels I'll never be able to catch up. I occasionally go through my hard drives and delete a few films that I know I'll never watch, bad quality, or upgraded from a higher quality source. Maybe when we retire, we'll have the time to go through our unwatched piles.:cool:

Edited by venom10463
  • Like 3

venom10463
On 5/10/2020 at 11:28 AM, Tex Killer said:

My life is on the line of course. Heck, would take any upgrade over what we have now. Even same quality with original audio and subs...

I would love to see a pristine letterbox print of My Life is on the Line.

• Like 2

Ninja Sinai
On 5/19/2020 at 11:51 AM, Iron Head Rat said:

I've also just seen, that Fortune Star have uploaded trailers for The Loot & The Rebellious Reign today. So maybe a sign for future restores & releases?

Man o man.. would LOVE to see glass versions of The Loot & Rebellious Reign!!

• Like 6

ShawAngela
4 hours ago, Tex Killer said:

This would be amazing to see as HD..one of first non-american MA films saw back then..

Wow ! This looks good !

Argh ! Another one to hunt down !!

• Like 3

On 5/21/2020 at 2:57 AM, Ninja Sinai said:

Man o man.. would LOVE to see glass versions of The Loot & Rebellious Reign!!

Same here!

Bless

• Like 2

Jesse Smooth

“Tattoo Connection” (Kelly’s best IMO)

“Bruce Vs Bill”

“The Great Chase” (Ivy Ling Po)

“Savage Killers”

“Deadly Angels”

Any Kim Jin Pal film

“Invisible Terrorist”

“Heroes of Shaolin” (Chen Sing)

”Kung Fu Executioner”

Those are my top at the moment. 

Edited by Jesse Smooth
  • Like 3

Mystery of Chessboxing definitely needs a remaster; practically the same cast from 7 Grandmasters.

Dynasty with Tan Tao Liang......which I was informed will be soon.

• Like 4

TheKungFuRobber
On 5/22/2020 at 4:44 PM, Jesse Smooth said:

“Tattoo Connection” (Kelly’s best IMO)

“Bruce Vs Bill”

“The Great Chase” (Ivy Ling Po)

“Savage Killers”

“Deadly Angels”

Any Kim Jin Pal film

“Invisible Terrorist”

“Heroes of Shaolin” (Chen Sing)

”Kung Fu Executioner”

Those are my top at the moment. 

Rest assured I'm onto Heroes of Shaolin, it's going to be a long project and it might take me time to get round to considering the amount of other projects in the back burner but it is getting done and will be done as best as possible. That means a 2K remaster sourced from the original negative scanned by Golden Sun films, with extensive additional colour correction done by myself, an English dubbed soundtrack sourced from the best sounding copy I can find, my own English subtitle translation and Mandarin mono audio transferred from a Chinese tape at a low volume to minimize clipping. Don't expect anything until at least March of next year but hopefully you'll be able to cling onto life until then.

I have some concept screenshots from the print I do have with some colour retiming to give you an idea of what I'm doing. It's going to be pretty close to the picture quality of the Celestial Shaws anyway.

921321334_HeroesofShaolin.thumb.jpg.486020b2a936b0755dd8e1f227790d42.jpg

474948444_YuenBaioandYuenKwai.thumb.png.f2caaea98457b07c4bf629bd83626745.png

In the mean time NoKungFuForYu has taken the great liberty of preparing a copy to purchase for download with his own subtitles which will be done very soon I should think, so please support him and get that if you will because he's a good guy and puts a lot of effort into finding this stuff and hours writing his own subs which he puts his own touch into every time he does and he needs your support to keep doing these projects as he is only human like all of us.

Edited by TheKungFuRobber
  • Like 9
  • Buddha Bless You 2

On 12/5/2020 at 2:23 AM, TheKungFuRobber said:

I have some concept screenshots from the print I do have with some colour retiming to give you an idea of what I'm doing. It's going to be pretty close to the picture quality of the Celestial Shaws anyway.

Hats off to both you and @NoKUNGFUforYU, for all the hard work and effort your put into these projects. After year's of watching Heroes of Shaolin on fuzzy bootleg copy's, it looks fantastic in those screen shots.

• Like 3

Jesse Smooth

I’ll add THE MAGNIFICENT w/Carter Wong (yes, I want to see this widescreen and in English dub); THE GREAT CHASE (Ling app), 7 MEN OF KUNG FU, any Yang Hui Shan gangster movie or Taiwanese female gangster (black movies) of the early 80s - they predate the Girls With Guns genre).

• Like 3

On 5/4/2020 at 2:07 AM, Iron Head Rat said:

Iron Monkey 1977

Totally agree with this.  The version on my computer is dubbed in English and the video appears to have been transferred from a copied VHS. 

• Like 4

The Victim was the first VHS I bought in the 90's and I was instantly hooked. So that is #1 for me as I need all of the Sammo Classics in HD.

• Like 4

My current list of flicks that I would love to see on Blu-ray:

Tiger over Wall

Descendants of Wing Chun

Master of the Flying Guillotine

Broken Oath

South Shaolin Master

The Sword

Call Me Dragon

The Skyhawk

The Scorpion King 

Eagles Claw

7 Steps of Kung Fu

Legend of a Fighter

Buddhist Fist

Green Jade Statuette...........

• Like 3

On 5/3/2020 at 6:46 AM, venom10463 said:

These are a few random titles I threw out after digging through my list. I'd say Showdown at the Cotton Mill is my number 1 because the print we received from Rarescope is one of the best prints in circulation.

Just watched it.....the film is great, the transfer is a shame.  This film indeed needs remastering, lighting, details, subtitles, the works.  I was just fortunate to have viewed the film in its original language. 

• Like 4

Shaolin VS Lama
The Hot The Cool The Vicious
Snake in a Monkeys Shadow
Beach of the War Gods
Fistful of Talons

On the top of my head, these come to mind.

• Like 7

TheKungFuRobber

Snake in the Monkey's Shadow will be out eventually. Main issue is still the subtitles because I have all the technical aspects relating to the video presentation in order, although when I do get back to working on the film anyway I will redo a lot of things, but those aspects won't take me forever to do. You just have to understand that I can't release it if I can't have it done properly. I don't want to release it wish shitty dubtitles because good subtitles can improve movies and now that I have access to the Cantonese track it would be nice to make use of it, if I could find a translator who can offer fair rates.

On another note. I am working tirelessly on Buddha Assassinator and Secret Rivals, which are both Mandarin movies so Cantonese translation is not anything of a hitch for either of those. It will probably take me a while to get Secret Rivals done, but most of the work more or less is done for Buddha Assassinator. In the mean time, I have done quite a few hours of manual work cleaning up individual wee segments of Secret Rivals, starting with the opening credits. The Soulblade DVD was used as a source which most notably suffers from being littered with gobs of mould and dirt. particularly in the first reel with the opening credits and the final reel, and also had serious haloing artifacts due to poor quality scaling. I am spending time manually cleaning up the film and removing as many instances of damage and color shifts stemming from chemical seperation will be balanced.

The cleanup of the credits is nothing super, they don't look great but they never were always quite soft to begin with, compared to the rest of the film. The Soulblade disc has them oversharpened by quite a bit and strange moire patterns all over them. I did the best I could to reduce them.

2141522822_ColourCorrectionTimeline.00_00_18_20.Still005.thumb.png.2ba507ede51577b39b923519179d8243.png2100400285_ColourCorrectionTimeline.00_00_18_20.Still006.thumb.png.de2ca67dd32c32b3de350ae527c32a24.png2035819362_ColourCorrectionTimeline.00_00_36_02.Still003.thumb.png.0b69db9f63919c7f44ede559ef5b6a88.png263183423_ColourCorrectionTimeline.00_00_36_02.Still004.thumb.png.470640ae007f474ff226dd88672da17f.png362711265_ColourCorrectionTimeline.00_00_36_19.Still007.thumb.png.436f7454de0a8e042befee0ddcc8aeab.png1634001546_ColourCorrectionTimeline.00_00_36_19.Still008.thumb.png.288c8be24ec1cd4b7ee24479b0f17e43.png2109407162_ColourCorrectionTimeline.00_01_48_08.Still001.thumb.png.fdcb0c67a8a5085503bd8d439c4d35f6.png16843626_ColourCorrectionTimeline.00_01_48_08.Still002.thumb.png.9389a39b064e82f46fb6940e715494ba.png

Nothing is impossible, it just takes time. I'll have this done soon yeah

Edited by TheKungFuRobber
  • Like 7
  • Buddha Bless You 2

like so many others:

Showdown at the Cotton Mill

Mystery of Chessboxing 
Shaolin vs Lama
Master of the Flying Guillotine 
Born Invincible
Dance of the Drunken Mantis
The Hot, Cool, and the Vicious
Tiger Over Wall
The Victim

Thanks for some of the oddball/lesser known movies mentioned in the thread everyone...some new to me flicks to track down.  :)

• Like 4