Top 10 of KFC that needs a remaster!

laagi

TheKungFuRobber
On 5/3/2020 at 2:55 PM, TibetanWhiteCrane said:

No idea what titles would be economically viable in terms of release.... but I'd like to see these:

TIGER OVER WALL

HELL’S WIND STAFF

MYSTERY OF CHESS BOXING

DAGGERS 8

SNAKE DEADLY ACT

THE MASTER STRIKES

KUNG FU GENIUS

THE HOT, THE COOL AND THE VICIOUS

EAGLE’S CLAW

BUDDHIST FIST

THE VICTIM

MAR’S VILLA

OF COOKS AND KUNG FU

SEVEN STEPS OF KUNG FU

DEATH DUEL OF KUNG FU

FATAL NEEDLES VS FATAL FISTS

SECRET RIVALS & SECRET RIVALS 2

CRYSTAL FIST

SUPER POWER

FIST FULL OF TALONS

And many more.....

Not holding my breath though. I do wish that some of the collectors sitting on 35mm prints would perhaps be a little more proactive in trying to get these out. I know there's cost and other factors involved. But I also know that several of these types have that Gollum approach of feeling so special cuz they're sitting on som rare reels, hence doing fuck-all with 'em. And whil that is certainly their prerogative.... sharing is caring, kids.

There are already good full widescreen prints of all of those other than Fatal Needles Fatal Fists, but blu rays would be really nice of some of them yes. I didn't release my custom because I decided it was a piece of shit. I do have the Mandarin copy of Of Cooks and Kung Fu synced up to the German DVD I was going to subtitle it years ago, but didn't bother my arse because no demand for it and my Chinese grammar was very limited (still is quite limited but I can understand the basics, I'm just a Scottish country bumpkin nobody around here speaks Chinese and it's hard learning yourself), so I decided no point in releasing what most consider a forgettable film with dubtitles. Anyway if you want that film, the German DVD is really good and remastered, I can't recommend it enough. Only criticism I have is that it's unfortunately slightly cut.

Kung Fu Genius and Hot Cool and Vicious should definitely be released on blu ray. I considered revisiting my custom on HCV. I read online that the Eastern Heroes VHS is much better and has the film in full widescreen with properly translated subtitles. Eastern Heroes were a mixed bag. They put out either some really good licensed releases or really shitty releases of public domain copies of the films.

If you know of any potentially widescreen sources for Fatal Needles Fatal Fists, let me know. At the moment I have about 8 customs sitting in project folders to be done. Will I ever live to finish them? I'm counting on myself to see every movie mentioned or recommended on this server that is worth watching at least more than once. I have DVDs sitting, unopened waiting for me to sit through them. I don't want to do the math of how long it will take to watch all of them. Not that I'm frightened...

I wish that the guy who has a HD scan of Crystal Fist would let me have a copy, at least secretly. Just to look at and see what can be done. The last customs done on it were okay but I can definitely do a better job, but that always takes time and the demand for these movies is fast and I'm just one person, don't have a team or anything. For Crystal Fist, I still watch the VHS copy of the film because the matching of the sources is very in-congruent and rushed in the custom job. But all in all, a very good movie. Up there with Blind Fist of Bruce.

I get the impression that Arrow will probably start releasing more of the Dick Randall Italian giallo films shot with Hong Kong actors, such as Challenge of the Tiger, Clones of Bruce Lee and The Real Bruce Lee. I always find it interesting that Dick Randall distributed Jackie Chan's Master with Cracked Fingers with a brand new dub to replace the really bad Hong Kong export one, and that they used the same voice actors that worked on the horror classic Pieces (also a must watch if you like grind).

• Like 7

1 hour ago, TheKungFuRobber said:

I wish that the guy who has a HD scan of Crystal Fist would let me have a copy, at least secretly. Just to look at and see what can be done. The last customs done on it were okay but I can definitely do a better job, but that always takes time and the demand for these movies is fast and I'm just one person, don't have a team or anything. For Crystal Fist, I still watch the VHS copy of the film because the matching of the sources is very in-congruent and rushed in the custom job. But all in all, a very good movie. Up there with Blind Fist of Bruce.

That "guy" would be me sir :hi Have you checked the last costum which also uses extended footage from a rare VHS. If you really want to work on this, shoot me a PM and we'll talk!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BqjcBhs45tM

• Like 5

Tex Killer

My life is on the line of course. Heck, would take any upgrade over what we have now. Even same quality with original audio and subs...

• Like 6

TheKungFuRobber
15 minutes ago, laagi said:

That "guy" would be me sir :hi Have you checked the last costum which also uses extended footage from a rare VHS. If you really want to work on this, shoot me a PM and we'll talk!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BqjcBhs45tM

Wasn't meaning to sound pompous or demeaning or anything, If I came across that way I'm sorry about that, I couldn't remember exactly. Hello there though.

Edited by TheKungFuRobber
  • Like 3

DragonClaws
1 hour ago, TheKungFuRobber said:

Kung Fu Genius and Hot Cool and Vicious should definitely be released on blu ray. I considered revisiting my custom on HCV. I read online that the Eastern Heroes VHS is much better and has the film in full widescreen with properly translated subtitles. Eastern Heroes were a mixed bag. They put out either some really good licensed releases or really shitty releases of public domain copies of the films.

I'd like to see The Hot The Cool & The Vicious get released on the Pearl River - Blu-Ray label. Picked up the Eastern Heroes DVD during my college year's, and I still have the same copy.

• Like 4

NoKUNGFUforYU
38 minutes ago, DragonClaws said:

I'd like to see The Hot The Cool & The Vicious get released on the Pearl River - Blu-Ray label. Picked up the Eastern Heroes DVD during my college year's, and I still have the same copy.

Yes, Pearl River. I know the guy (I think a lot of you here do!) and I will ask if that is in the mix.

• Like 4

DragonClaws
15 minutes ago, NoKUNGFUforYU said:

Yes, Pearl River. I know the guy (I think a lot of you here do!) and I will ask if that is in the mix.

Finger's crossed, Pearl River's Bu-Ray release of Lee Tso Nam's The Leg Fighter's(1980) was fantastic. After years of viewing this and other indie productions, on poor quality VHS pan & scan releases.

• Like 5

NoKUNGFUforYU
19 hours ago, NoKUNGFUforYU said:

19 hours ago, DragonClaws said:

Finger's crossed, Pearl River's Bu-Ray release of Lee Tso Nam's The Leg Fighter's(1980) was fantastic. After years of viewing this and other indie productions, on poor quality VHS pan & scan releases.

It will take some time. Only two prints exist. But it is on the radar.

• Like 4
  • Buddha Bless You 1

10 hours ago, NoKUNGFUforYU said:

Just pre-ordered Dynamo, please support him! The more we order, the better!

I got mine in the mail this past weekend. Awesome release!!!!! Keep em coming Pearl River🧨🚨🔥👊👊👊👍👍👍

• Like 4

My Top 10 Most Wanted:

Shaolin vs Lama

Eagles Claw

Deadly China Doll

Mystery of Chess Boxing 

Call Me Dragon

Fists and Guts

Fists of the Double K

The Victim 

He Has Nothing But Kung Fu

Unbeaten 28

These are just what popped in my head. I probably have dozens more. 

• Like 6

Off the top of my noggin, my top ten list (of indies) would be...

The Challenger

Dragon and the Tiger Kids

Fatal Needles, Fatal Fists

The Hot, the Cool, and the Vicious

The Rebellious Reign

Ring of Death 

Shaolin Vs. Lama

Stranger from Shaolin

13 Poles from Shaolin

The Victim 

• Like 5

Tex Killer
22 hours ago, NoKUNGFUforYU said:

Just pre-ordered Dynamo, please support him! The more we order, the better!

Amazon shipping rate suggests it may be better to wait some time passes by before hit purchase...:laluot_20:....will suggest local store thru Fb he imports this next time gets bundle from USA.

Sieppaa.PNG

Edited by Tex Killer
  • Like 4

On 5/5/2020 at 2:26 AM, JackieRome said:

If you look hard enough, there's a nice version out there. A bluray came out in Germany, I think.

There was a limited edition Japanese Blu-ray of ODD COUPLE with original Cantonese and English subtitles, looks fantastic but the sound is often out-of-synch. I have it but I’m really hoping this one is on the docket for 88 Films or Eureka.

Edited by WaverBoy
  • Like 6

DragonClaws
On 5/12/2020 at 6:14 PM, ShawAngela said:

Are these Pearl River releases all region and where to find them except on amazon ?

Their release of The Leg Fighter's, was All Region, but I'm not sure about the Dynamo release?.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, DragonClaws said:

Their release of The Leg Fighter's, was All Region, but I'm not sure about the Dynamo i

I can confirm that Dynamo is all region 👍

20200509_200254.jpg

• Like 5

10 indies off the top of my head I'd like to see remastered on blu ray would be:

The Victim

The Hot, The Cool & The Viscous 

Snake Deadly Act

Shaolin and Wu Tang

Invincible Armour 

Mystery of Chess Boxing

Snake In The Monkey's Shadow

Sword of Justice 

Shaolin Vs Lama

The Rebellious Reign

• Like 8

Ninja Sinai
On 5/14/2020 at 10:03 PM, fabhui said:

10 indies off the top of my head I'd like to see remastered on blu ray would be:

The Victim

The Hot, The Cool & The Viscous 

Snake Deadly Act

Shaolin and Wu Tang

Invincible Armour 

Mystery of Chess Boxing

Snake In The Monkey's Shadow

Sword of Justice 

Shaolin Vs Lama

The Rebellious Reign

Snake In The Monkeys Shadow is getting done on coming soon on BluRay.. and it looks AMAZING!!! One of my ALLTIME fav classics!! I cant wait!

• Like 5

OpiumKungFuCracker
3 hours ago, Ninja Sinai said:

Snake In The Monkeys Shadow is getting done on coming soon on BluRay.. and it looks AMAZING!!! One of my ALLTIME fav classics!! I cant wait!

The movie rules, thanks to Tarantino for recommending the film at alamo drafthouse years ago. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Ninja Sinai said:

Any idea as to what label is putting this one out?

• Like 6

thundered mantis

My list would be:

LEGEND OF A FIGHTER

THE VICTIM

BUDDHIST FIST

THE REBELLIOUS REIGN

MYSTERY OF CHESS BOXING

CRYSTAL FIST

SUPER POWER

36 CRAZY FISTS

KILLER WEARS WHITE

FEARLESS DRAGONS 

Edited by thundered mantis
  • Like 6

thundered mantis
On 5/10/2020 at 7:09 PM, TheKungFuRobber said:

There are already good full widescreen prints of all of those other than Fatal Needles Fatal Fists

Man, are you saying there are known 2.35 prints of

BUDDHIST FIST

DAGGERS 8

THE VICTIM

SUPER POWER

FEARLESS DRAGONS

out there? The only ones I knew of were 1.85 or 1.78 at Best. Damn, this is big news for me. Fearless Dragons there was a wide Arabic subbed print, but it was in very bad shape... 

Edited by thundered mantis
  • Like 2