Top 10 of KFC that needs a remaster!

laagi

I just got through watching Shaolin vs Lama. It's a damn shame the only Widescreen version is still the washed out 35mm print that's been circulating among collectors. So I'm curious what are your Top 10 titles that you want to see remastered? Also keep in mind what titles would be the most successful in terms of supporters thus potential buyers of a Blu-Ray etc. Of course we all have a different taste but having the super obscure KF title remastered might make you happy but will bankrupt the label within a few months. Keep that in mind :wink

1. Mystery of Chessboxing aka Ninja Checkmate

2. Seven Steps of Kung Fu

3. Shaolin vs Lama

4. Born Invincible

5. A Fistful of Talons

6. Jadel Claw aka Crystal Fist

7. Daggers 8

8. ...

9. ...

10. ...

Turns out I need to re-think this list again. Will be updated later!

Edited by laagi
  • Like 6
  • Haha 1

There was a public showing of Chess in the UK some years back. Perhaps Toby. Heard it was “glass.”  Someday hopefully....

• Like 4

TibetanWhiteCrane

No idea what titles would be economically viable in terms of release.... but I'd like to see these:

TIGER OVER WALL

HELL’S WIND STAFF

MYSTERY OF CHESS BOXING

DAGGERS 8

SNAKE DEADLY ACT

THE MASTER STRIKES

KUNG FU GENIUS

THE HOT, THE COOL AND THE VICIOUS

EAGLE’S CLAW

BUDDHIST FIST

THE VICTIM

MAR’S VILLA

OF COOKS AND KUNG FU

SEVEN STEPS OF KUNG FU

DEATH DUEL OF KUNG FU

FATAL NEEDLES VS FATAL FISTS

SECRET RIVALS & SECRET RIVALS 2

CRYSTAL FIST

SUPER POWER

FIST FULL OF TALONS

And many more.....

Not holding my breath though. I do wish that some of the collectors sitting on 35mm prints would perhaps be a little more proactive in trying to get these out. I know there's cost and other factors involved. But I also know that several of these types have that Gollum approach of feeling so special cuz they're sitting on som rare reels, hence doing fuck-all with 'em. And whil that is certainly their prerogative.... sharing is caring, kids.

• Like 3

1: Bruce Lee's Secret

2: Fists Of The Double K

3: Legend Of A Fighter

4: Master Of The Flying Guilotine

5: The Thunder Kick

6: A Gathering Of Heroes

7: Way Of The Black Dragon

8: Little Superman

9:The Dragon Lives Again

10: Rage Of Wind

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, TibetanWhiteCrane said:

No idea what titles would be economically viable in terms of release.... but I'd like to see these:

TIGER OVER WALL

HELL’S WIND STAFF

MYSTERY OF CHESS BOXING

DAGGERS 8

SNAKE DEADLY ACT

THE MASTER STRIKES

KUNG FU GENIUS

EAGLE’S CLAW

BUDDHIST FIST

THE VICTIM

MAR’S VILLA

OF COOKS AND KUNG FU

SEVEN STEPS OF KUNG FU

DEATH DUEL OF KUNG FU

CRYSTAL FIST

SUPER POWER

FIST FULL OF TALONS

And many more.....

Not holding my breath though. I do wish that some of the collectors sitting on 35mm prints would perhaps be a little more proactive in trying to get these out. I know there's cost and other factors involved. But I also know that several of these types have that Gollum approach of feeling so special cuz they're sitting on som rare reels, hence doing fuck-all with 'em. And whil that is certainly their prerogative.... sharing is caring, kids.

Tiger over Wall, Daggers 8 and Kung Fu Genius are available on DVD (Japan). Great Prints!

• Like 5

14 minutes ago, TibetanWhiteCrane said:

Yeah, but no English or Canto with subs right?

All these prints come with mandarin dub and removable japanese subs. Some have been custom dubbed with english :wink

• Like 3

venom10463
2 hours ago, TibetanWhiteCrane said:

TIGER OVER WALL

HELL’S WIND STAFF

MYSTERY OF CHESS BOXING

DAGGERS 8

SNAKE DEADLY ACT

THE MASTER STRIKES

KUNG FU GENIUS

EAGLE’S CLAW

BUDDHIST FIST

THE VICTIM

MAR’S VILLA

OF COOKS AND KUNG FU

SEVEN STEPS OF KUNG FU

DEATH DUEL OF KUNG FU

CRYSTAL FIST

SUPER POWER

FIST FULL OF TALONS

And many more.....

There's an amazing print of Hell's Wind Staff that received the custom treatment by someone at adc. The print looks remastered and includes dual languages and removable subtitles.

The Soulbaldes releases of Seret Rivals are remastered. The Crash Cinema print of Mars Villa was sourced from the original 35mm and was touched up a bit.

• Like 4

venom10463

These are a few random titles I threw out after digging through my list. I'd say Showdown at the Cotton Mill is my number 1 because the print we received from Rarescope is one of the best prints in circulation.

Showdown at the Cotton Mill

Mystery of Chess Boxing

Massacre Survivor

Shaolin vs Lama

Shaolin vs Wu Tang

Born Invincible

2 Dragons Fight against Tiger

Blood Treasury Fight

Deaf Mute Heroine

Fatal Needles vs Fatal Fists

• Like 5

1 hour ago, venom10463 said:

Shaolin vs Wu Tang

I was gonna add this one as well. Always had a soft spot for it!

Edited by laagi
  • Like 4

TibetanWhiteCrane
36 minutes ago, venom10463 said:

There's an amazing print of Hell's Wind Staff that received the custom treatment by someone at adc. The print looks remastered and includes dual languages and removable subtitles.

The Soulbaldes releases of Seret Rivals are remastered. The Crash Cinema print of Mars Villa was sourced from the original 35mm and was touched up a bit.

Know all of these.

• Like 1

venom10463
44 minutes ago, TibetanWhiteCrane said:

Know all of these.

:thumbsup

Edited by venom10463

Sun Dragon(hard way to die)

Super power

fist full of talons 

Crystal Fist

Rebellious Reign

Soul Brothers of Kung fu

Shaolin vs Lama

Shaolin and Wu tang

Invincible Armour

Secret Rivals

• Like 6

Iron Head Rat

Legend Of A Fighter

Ninja In The Dragons Den

Crystal Fist

7 Commandments Of Kung Fu

Iron Monkey 1977

Thundering Mantis

The Victim

Dreadnaught

I reserve the last two I haven't seen but heard good things about. Holding out for Mint copies. This list is subject to change:monk_laughing:

Shaolin Vs Lama

Mystery Of Chess Boxing

Prodigal Son & Warriors Two are not on the list because hopefully they're coming soon!!

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Iron Head Rat said:

Legend Of A Fighter

Ninja In The Dragons Den

Crystal Fist

7 Commandments Of Kung Fu

Iron Monkey 1977

Thundering Mantis

The Victim

Dreadnaught

I reserve the last two I haven't seen but heard good things about. Holding out for Mint copies. This list is subject to change:monk_laughing:

Shaolin Vs Lama

Mystery Of Chess Boxing

Prodigal Son & Warriors Two are not on the list because hopefully they're coming soon!!

Some are already out on Blu-Ray e.g. Ninja in the Dragon's Den, Prodigal Son, Warriors Two. Also Iron Monkey is out on German DVD, great print as well!

Edited by laagi
  • Like 4

JackieRome
46 minutes ago, laagi said:

Some are already out on Blu-Ray e.g. Ninja in the Dragon's Den, Prodigal Son, Warriors Two. Also Iron Monkey is out on German DVD, great print as well!

Yes, but the quality is very bad. 

• Like 2

Ninja Sinai
On 5/3/2020 at 2:28 PM, teako170 said:

There was a public showing of Chess in the UK some years back. Perhaps Toby. Heard it was “glass.”  Someday hopefully....

I was at that showing in Birmingham.. the screening was put on by a cool dude called Kermit who got the reels for Chessboxing on loan from Toby.. he also screened Drunken Master 2 and Invincible Armour at the cinema that same day.. afterwards he was kind enough to give me a copy of the Drunken Master 2 DVD that they used to screen the movie that evening.. later on I remember he also released a rare kung fu movie on the Green Fan label.. although I cant remember the name of the movie now.. Ninja getting old people..

Below is a photo of Kermit from the day..

Kermit.jpeg

• Like 6

Ninja Sinai

Ok heres the Ninjas top 10 list..

1. Snake In The Monkeys Shadow - Been hoping for years that one day will come when this classic would finally get the glass remaster treatment.. and lo and behold people.. its coming soon to Blu-Ray in a glass print with original Cantonese audio.. but I prefer the classic English dub.

2. Buddhist Fist - An OLD SKOOL Classic!!

3. Mystery of Chess Boxing - Almost every fan wants to see a proper remastered version of this classic. Hopefully uncut with the missing fight scene.

4. Choi Lee Fat Kung Fu - Man would LOVE to see a proper colour version of this classic!

5. The Odd Couple - How come no one mentioned this classic weapons fest!!

6. Rebellious Reign - Man that end fight scene is BALLISTIC!! I always hoped for a proper widescreen glass version ever since I first watched it.. 25 years and still waiting!

7. Bloody Treasury Fight - Tan Tao Liang classic..

8. Knockabout - A genuine true old skool classic.. heard rumours that this may be get a proper Blu-Ray remaster soon.. although still waiting for confirmation.

9 & 10. The Loot & The Challenger - These two classics are awesome!!

One thing I hope is.. if and when any of the above classics are properly remastered and released.. that they release all the movies with the original language audio track as well as the classic english dub tracks properly remastered in 2.0. I hate when the audio tracks are nor properly remastered which causes that horrible warped sound in the background and the kicks and punches sounding flat. 

• Like 6

Ninja Sinai
4 hours ago, JackieRome said:

Man ive been hunting for a remastered Warriors Two with the original audio in 2.0.. every remastered version ive come across has the horrible mutilated audio with new sound fx added.. I have the original audio track ripped from Bentlys Imagine custom DVD from years ago if anyone wants to do a HD custom of Warriors Two.. send me a PM for the file.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Ninja Sinai said:

I was at that showing in Birmingham.. the screening was put on by a cool dude called Kermit who got the reels for Chessboxing on loan from Toby.. he also screened Drunken Master 2 and Invincible Armour at the cinema that same day.. afterwards he was kind enough to give me a copy of the Drunken Master 2 DVD that they used to screen the movie that evening.. later on I remember he also released a rare kung fu movie on the Green Fan label.. although I cant remember the name of the movie now.. Ninja getting old people..

Below is a photo of Kermit from the day..

Kermit.jpeg

Nice. Glad you got to attend. Think the Greenfan DVD was Ninja in Ancient China. I believe I have a copy of it buried away somewhere. 

• Like 4

17 hours ago, JackieRome said:

Apparently I have pretty low standards :monk_laughing:

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Ninja Sinai said:

Man ive been hunting for a remastered Warriors Two with the original audio in 2.0.. every remastered version ive come across has the horrible mutilated audio with new sound fx added.. I have the original audio track ripped from Bentlys Imagine custom DVD from years ago if anyone wants to do a HD custom of Warriors Two.. send me a PM for the file.

So the JP Blu Ray doesn't have the original mono track?

JackieRome
1 hour ago, laagi said:

Apparently I have pretty low standards :monk_laughing:

I can't do it. Apparently visions with low quality can affect my judgement on a film. If the fights are slow, ugly, badly choreographed, the idiotic comic moments are long and the film is seen badly... I commit suicide.

For example: I would like to recover Shaolin Vs Lama, that you all talk about it very well, but seeing the quality around I have no courage because it would affect my final opinion

Edited by JackieRome
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

JackieRome
14 hours ago, Ninja Sinai said:

5. The Odd Couple - How come no one mentioned this classic weapons fest!!

If you look hard enough, there's a nice version out there. A bluray came out in Germany, I think.

• Like 4

sifu iron perm
On 5/4/2020 at 8:38 PM, Ninja Sinai said:

@NoKUNGFUforYU  Please do the honours my man!!!

• Like 1