Shadowless Sword (aka Legend of the Shadowless Sword) (2005)

Guest OngBakBata

Guest OngBakBata

Anyone heard about this New Korean movie? Does it look any good? I've seen many Korean martial art movies and they were all very disapointed yet I kept giving them a chance. I wonder if I should give them another chance on this one because the poster looks really good.

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest jmungus

really good stuff. if only the movie`s overall potential was on par with some of its best action sequences, which were really BIG fun.

good entertainment and easily superior to the majority of recent martial arts action epics (ie shinobi, death trance, azumi 2) and other korean m.a.movies from the past few years (ie sword in the moon, legend of gingko).

also better than the directors/production teams`previous movie, 'bichunmoo'.

imo- no masterpiece of the genre, but a must-see for everyone whos into contemporary productions of period ma action.

if u didnt really like any of the more or less recent korean ma flicks but wanna give 1 more chance to such a movie right now, shadowless sword is the one hands down.

(i like the majority of em btw, although the only one that really sticks out for me (apart from SS) would be "legend of evil lake").

Guest dager in the cotton

I did not mind this one, I normally dislike Korean N/W sowrdplay , but this one was well paced and well acted , there was some good FX aswell, the 2 leads were pretty good too.

Guest OngBakBata

I'll give this one a chance. Sword in the moonn and legend of gingko were lame and horrible. I really love period martial art flicks from any nationalities as long as it is good.

Guest OngBakBata

Finally I watched it. While it is probably the best Korean Martial Art flick I've ever seen but it is still has long way to go to match standard international martial art films.

Guest jmungus

mind tellin us your definition of....

standard international martial art films

???

SS is EASILY above standard (although not without faults, but i pointed that out already).

depending on the ways u look at it, SS exceeds most contemporary MA productions (ong bak included :b ;) ), but its really kinda nonsensical to make these comparisons; WHAT IF there were more trained martial arts actors in the korean movie scene, WHAT IF someone as talented (in terms of anything physical/stunt/fighting) and charismatic as tony jaa would start to work with skilled film makers for a change....

WHAT IF all that were true and im in the mood for some really dirty, authentic, uncompromising, bone crunching little MA gem with a heavy b-movie vibe....?

no way in hell i could find one (now that tony would only star in fancy a-grade productions hehe); man i`d be seriously f#@K3&!!! :eek

anyhoo, glad it wasnt a disappointing viewing session for u.

phoenix_darshan

compared to the recetn disappointments from china including the newest flying sowrd of the dragon gate, this movie is simple strucutred, beautiful staged figh sequences and well rounded plot. more of that please. its easily one of the best ones i have seen in a while (recent chinese productions do not seem to get away fro silliness in acting and overdone CGI effects).

OK I finally got a chance to watch this movie last night I've had it for a while but forgot all about it. It was a good action movie but to much Wire-Fu in it! If they would've kept it more simpler it would have been so much better. It had a good storyline and some really good action scenes. The 2 Female leads were absolutely gorgeous.

So-Yi Yoo

600full-so--yi-yoon.jpg

Ki-Yong Lee

dzdTYU4n2CnwLF27xuiiwBR6xJ5.jpg

Just got done rewatching this for the first time since it came out. It is one of my favorite post 2000 martial arts films. The two female leads really stand out. They were both so beautiful it was almost distracting. I haven't read your review yet One Armed Boxer so I don't know if you touched on this or not but this film, as well as "Seven Swords" is obviously post "Lord of the Rings". The two main characters reminded me of Aragorn and Arwen. I'd also be willing to bet the final scene of this movie wouldn't exist if this was made pre "LOTR".

Archived