Any "good" Bolo movies out there?

Guest HwangDi

Guest HwangDi

Seems like alot of his movies are just b-rate crap. What were some of the better movies he's been in over the years? Am I missing any good ones? (I didnt like Shootfighter)

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Chinatown Kid

I liked him in Bloodsport, Bloodfight, Ten Magnificent Killers, Dragon on Fire aka Enter Three Dragons, Double Impact, Breathing Fire, and of course Enter the Dragon. I also remember seeing a film years ago called Tiger Claws in which he played the heavy and Cindy Rothrock played the hero, from what I remember it wasn't to bad....

Guest morgoth

He is really good in Image of Bruce Lee and I can't remember who recommended Writing Kung Fu, but I still have to check that out.

Guest Chinatown Kid

Ha, I think Writing Kung fu is the film where Bolo wears one of the most ridiculous looking wigs ever. Can't remember much about that film because it's been quite a while since I watched it.

Guest HwangDi

What's that one movie where he faces this crazy giant Indian man in some kind of fighting ring? I saw the beginning of that a looong time ago and it looked good but never got to watch it. Which movie is that???

Guest TheManInWhite

"Ha, I think Writing Kung fu is the film where Bolo wears one of the most ridiculous looking wigs ever."

He also wears a ridiculous wig in 36 Deadly Styles.

Guest Chinatown Kid

Maybe I'm getting the two films confused then ManInWhite, I'm probably thinking of 36 Deadly Styles. I remember it's a

crazy ass dreadlock wig. :lol

Bloodfight wasn't too bad as far as the fights and I thought Bolo made a good villain in it, he plays a character named Chong Lee just like in Bloodsport!:eek The acting and the Asian actors trying to speak English in it were pretty bad though....

Guest morgoth

I honestly thoght it was one of the worst movies ever. The end fight should have been decent but instead they just have Kurata doing the Sonny Chiba flying jump kick thing. I like cheesy movies, but other than the white guy with the sunglasses, I thought it was totally unwatchable.

Guest rdenn

check out writing kung fu, he fights without looking while playing a flute ..classic, bolo had that dreadlock wig on becuase joseph kou did that for the west indian market as the films were popular there.

Guest morgoth

Bolo is the man. You hit the nail on the head on why Bolo is one of my favorites, the way he fights without looking is just too cool. I really have to see Writing Kung Fu now.

Guest moviegyrl

Without having read the other posts, I'll offer:

- BLOODSPORT

- FISTS, KICKS & THE EVILS (although I didn't care for it, some folks do)

Guest Chinatown Kid

Yeah I agree with you about the cheesy wirehanced flying kick used in Bloodfight, I definately could have done without it. I just thought the fights shown were interesting with the different styles and the way the fighters were matched up. Alot of the techniques looked fairly realistic and entertaining. Kurata looked pretty good considering his age. The acting of course was aweful. It's obvious the film was a direct rip off of Bloodsport, but then you could say Bloodsport was a rip off of Enter the Dragon. :lol

Guest Atomic Mystery Monster
BLOODSPORT

You've gotta love a movie where Bolo fights "Ogre" from REVENGE OF THE NERDS.

Guest Le Peril Jaune

I'm surprised none of you has mentioned his cameo in Intrigue in Nylons (Shaw Brothers), he plays a wrestler called Prince Charming:rollin .

Archived