HK-Filipino Co-productions

Guest Markgway

Guest Markgway

A list of HK-Filipino co-productions

Feel free to add or correct any titles or info.

If a title is pure Filipino (or pure HK) I'll put it (them) on (a) seperate list(s).

ANGEL'S MISSION

ANGEL ON FIRE

DEADLY TARGET

FATAL CHASE (Kakambal Ko Sa Tapang)

GOLDEN NIGHTMARE

GUARDIAN ANGEL

HARD TO KILL

HIGH VOLTAGE (Kapwa Kumakasa)

THE HUNTED HUNTER

LEOPARD HUNTING

LETHAL PANTHER

LETHAL PANTHER 2 (Magkasangga Sa Batas)

POWER CONNECTION (Hubungan Jenayah)

TECHNO WARRIORS (Sagupaan, Huling Digmaan)

TOUGH BEAUTY AND SLOPPY SLOP (Mabangis Na Lungsod)

ULTIMATE REVENGE

ULTRACOP 2000 (Magkasanga Sa Batas)

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Robert Ian Teller

Ultimate Revenge 1995 - Ronnie Rickets and Cynthia Khan star, directed By Ridley Tsui.

Films I assume are 100% Filipino productions with action choreography by Phillip Ko Fei.

*Bangis - Predator rip off with Monsour Del Rosario

*Bangis 2 - May or may not have been actually made

*Buhawi Jack - More Monsour Del Rosario

*Duelo - Not sure if Ko Fei was involved with this but the gun choreography was pretty damn slick so someone with an HK background might of been involved.

*Exodus - Newer film with lots of CGI. Fantasy Lord of The Rings type stuff.

*Super Noypi - Newer film with lots of CGI. Futuristic superhero type film.

Other films that Ko Fei did I can't remember the title of (sorry)

Monsour Del Rosario versus possesed Immortal types with Edu Manzano as the villain cult leader

Monsour Del Rosario zombie flick. Zombies jump from trees and buildings. Firestarter by The Prodigy used in trailer. Co-stars Filipino lady with huge rack.

Zoren Legaspi film I think it's called Sandati

Guest Markgway

Thanks for Ultimate Revenge... I knew there would be more lurking... ;)

I've left off the ones which appear to be DEFINATELY Flipino films (ie. there's no pretence about them being co-productions) and have onlt Tagalog titles.

Guest Robert Ian Teller

How about Ringo Lam's The Suspect from 1998? Not sure about the production on this one, it stars HK actors and one or two featured Filipino co-stars. Ko Fei did the action for this one also.

Guest Markgway

I found a Filipino company called RSVP Film Production who assisted in the production of THE SUSPECT as well as THE ADVENTURERS and DAYS OF BEING WILD.

But does this make them co-productions in the regular sense or just hired hands?

There's a real lack of quality information on this subject.

Guest Robert Ian Teller

"But does this make them co-productions in the regular sense or just hired hands?"

Not sure. But for future reference it should be noted, thanks for the find. Outside productions hiring local crews is pretty common in a lot of film industries. I'm guessing it's more likely to be a co-production if they hire local actors for a prominent or featured role rather than background extras.

What about old school? Are you looking for old school HK/Filipino co-productions?

Guest Markgway

Well, I know Goldig have a Filipino connection.

I think you're probably right abut RSVP and those three films not being genuine co-productions. There's no Filipino's in the main casts and with co-productions you always have at least one or two major players.

I'm gonna just keep these listed as (pure) Hong Kong for now.

Archived