SHANGHIA KNIGHTS.

Guest the golden dragon

Guest the golden dragon

I saw this the other day and must admit it was pretty damn good. Was actually surprised. I thought it was better than the first one.

Did you all like this outing as much as I did.

Gd

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Beat TG

The only things improved was Chan and Wilson as a buddy team and the overall humor, but action-wise the first movie was better.

Guest The Running Man
I saw this the other day and must admit it was pretty damn good. Was actually surprised. I thought it was better than the first one.

I agree. Not only is it his best American film by far, it's also his best film made in quite a long time.

The biggest gripe is the idiot director who cut out a large portion of the fighting from it which is a shame, since it's among Jackie's best work in recent years as well.

Guest HungKuen
The only things improved was Chan and Wilson as a buddy team and the overall humor, but action-wise the first movie was better.

I'd say it's the other way around. Shanghai Noon was a great parody of the Western genre (and specifically the Charles Bronson/Toshiro Mifune movie Red Sun), and had some really funny scenes, but it was quite lacking in the action department. Shanghai Knights was just a tired rehash of Noon, only in a different setting, and downright embarassing to watch at times. However, Jackie obviously had a lot more time for the action scenes in that one. Too bad a lot of it was cut, but I'd say the uncut version of his fight against Donnie is one of his best fights in the last ten years. I guess Jackie needs to fight worthy opponents, instead of all those popstar-protegés of his.

Guest Hardz

I'm so glad the dvd contained the uncut fight scenes.

Can't understand why the director trimmed so much good stuff for the final release ?

Archived