The Protector - HK Legends - UK Cut ??

Guest Shaolin Patriot

Guest Shaolin Patriot

Do we have any firm information on whether or not this will be the UK cut, coming soon from HK Legends? I understand the UK cut contains more martial arts than the US cut. Do we also have a definite DVD release date?

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest chen lung

It's the unrated US version, which HKL and Warner Bros include. Both discs have advantages - HKL has superior image, whilst Warner has the trailer and the original (?) stereo mix.

I believe it's the HK version that has more action, much superior to the slow US one. Only the Universe DVD has it AFAIK.

Guest Shaolin Patriot
It's already out.

I see this still listed as a pre-order on some websites. Can you confirm if it is the HK version?

Guest chen lung
Can you confirm if it is the HK version?

It's already been confirmed by people who own promos, and other evidence.

Guest Markgway

I've seen it in stores here.

The cover art is even worse than the promo art.

The promos don't come with sleeve art so I didn't know until I saw it.

Guest GwaiLoMoFo

I originally watched this on the HK VCD when it was fist released and loved it. I bought the Dragon Dynasty release when it came out and for some reason it didnt hold up after a second viewing. Didnt like it nearly as much as I did the first time around.

Guest Gwailos Forever

i think gwailomofo is getting confused with the tony jaa flick 'tom yum goong' which is called 'the protector' in the US and released by dragon dynasty

this thread is about jackie chan's 1985 US film 'the protector' and whether the UK release by HK Legends contains the US or HK edit... i think!!!!

Guest Shaolin Patriot
this thread is about jackie chan's 1985 US film 'the protector' and whether the UK release by HK Legends contains the US or HK edit... i think!!!!

Correct; I was inquiring about Jackie Chan's The Protector.

Archived