Andrew Lau's Best of the Best

Guest morgoth

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest morgoth

I thought maybe it was since I saw Karen Mok in both and they seem to be about SDU. 96 BOB is good, hopefully there will be more action in the 92 BOB.

Guest Markgway

You're thinking of Sammi Cheng. She was in BOB '92 with Jacky Cheung. I preferred it myself, but can't remember how much action is it. I think it's more character-driven than the gung-ho Andrew Lau movie, but my memories are a little vague.

Guest morgoth

I know who Karen Mok is. "Ms. Karen Kook!"

BOB 96 is character driven, but I was just wondering if BOB 92 had any correlation with it. The 92 movie is done by some guy named Herman Yau. Karen Mok does not have a character name listed on IMDB, so I thought there was a chance they were related. imdb.com/title/tt0104245/

Guest Markgway
I know who Karen Mok is.

Then you'll know she wasn't in Herman's Yau's Best of the Best. Who said she was...?

BOB 96 is character driven

BOB92 is less of an action movie than BOB96; that's what I meant by character-driven.

Guest morgoth

I have only seen BOB 96. I was just wondering if they were correlated since IMDB says BOB 92 also has Karen Mok in it. ??

Guest Knetan

hey,

Those Were the Days from the 90s were not connected either. My point being that HK was seriously lacking innovation to even come up with diferrent titles in English. :)

Guest contraspirit

I thought, BEST OF THE BEST´96 were the sequel to Gordon Chan´s FINAL OPTION (I´ve read it somewhere). At least it follows the same concept and is produced by Golden Harvest.

Guest morgoth

I want her to be in it though!

I saw Final Option at Hollywood Video, so I am gonna have to check that out next.

Guest morgoth

Dammit, I was wrong. My Hollywood Video doesn't have Final Option, it has some movie called G4 Option Zero. Is this any good?

Guest Knetan

hey,

I liked G4, kind of a quirky version of these kind of movies. Dante Lam seems to like that on occassion.

Archived