My Wife Is a Gangster 3 (2006)

Guest Daisho2004

Guest Daisho2004

Now I only got to see pt.#1 of this trilogy and it was a good movie I heard pt.#2 was even better, now there is a pt.#3 coming out.

"My Wife is a Gangster 3", the latest in the long running crime comedy series has been sold at the American Film Market to no less than 8 Asian territories, achieving a new record for the most money paid for a Korean film at the event.

The film was also sold to Germany, with companies from other European countries and the U.S. still circling the rights. The series has enjoyed a higher profile in the West since the rights to the original "My Wife is a Gangster" were sold for a Hollywood remake back in 2001.

The film's popularity across Asia has no doubt been boosted by the presence of Hong Kong star Shu Qi in the lead role. It is due to hit cinemas December 28th, and also features Korean actors Lee Beom-soo, Hyung Young and Oh Ji-ho.

"My Wife is a Gangster" the first part was an awesome movie! Excellent directing, action, story and all. Part two didn't impress me much though. I guess I was expecting the same theme as part 1. Y'know with her leading the gang through the most part of the film. But it was still a decent movie.

I'm looking forward to Part Three ^_^

Guest jmungus

judging from the cast change and trailers i saw, im rather positive the output will be significantly different from the first 2 MWIAG flicks- maybe even abandoning most of MWIAG`s trademark feel, flow, prevailing mood to a degree its not really a MWIAG movie anymore, but only going by the franchises`title as one of the few remaining similarities.

we`ll find out. they re definitely gonna be upping the ante in terms of furious, stylish action, that much seems to be certain.

charlies angels+desperado hk-style; thats what comes to mind when watching these:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=o...9c50&eurl=

www.youtube.com/watch?v=VT9myMH8eAY

Guest Daisho2004

OK I had posted a review of this series, but I had made a mistake I had seen pt.#2 which I thought was pt.#1, but overall it was still a good movie, I just would like to know if anyone else here has seen the whole trilogy, more so #3 and what you thought of them all.

Guest jmungus

[minor plot SPOILER incl. if u will, nothing any review wouldnt reveil as well]

watched it and i can pad my 6th sense on the shoulder on this one.

as suspected, its only MWIAG by title, not by content.

the pretty babe is one tough asskickin braud and her love interest needs some time until he finds out. thats where the similarities end.

MWIAG3 is closer to hk pop action comedies like the "twins" stuff or "looking for mr perfect" etc than it is to its predecessors.

lee beom su (city of violence, please teach me english) has good comedic timing and makes for a good (anti-) hero ('the wannabe who shows some actual qualities when the going gets tough'), but he makes for a lousy loverboy.

shu qi is her average self. shes got good and lame moments.

one nice running gag and a couple of fun quirky scenes, plus some well staged action and (popstar-fu) choreography.

the plot is going places & i found the flick to be well paced, so a certain level of entertainment should be guaranteed, if u like this kind of cinema.

still its nothing like any "REAL" MWIAG movie, its VERY mainstream and im sure there`ll be as many ppl going 'MEH!! how could they?!' as there`ll be MWIAG3-fans (with the right marketing, i`d say this could go well with about any mainstream crowd anywhere on the planet).

fluff. diverting. mediocre. title is a frakkin hoax.

on another, possibly much more IMPORTANT NOTE....

keep a lookout for another korean crowd-pleaser from showbox by the name of "mr kim vs mr kim vs mr kim".

its starring shin hyon joon (shadowless sword, marrying the mafia 2+3, bichunmoo et al) and kwon oh jung (sisily, tube).

www.asiandb.com/browse/mo...?code=6251

i`d preview this a little bit and im having a hunch this could be great fun with lots of decent (traditional) martial arts action (looks like the mr. kims love to hang out in dojo`s- fist of fury style- and compare their martial skills)

One Armed Boxer

This one ended up fitting in with a recent binge watch of several early to mid-00's Korean flicks I went on, and was actually a first time watch. Now in 2022, it's kind of cool to see the likes of Shu Qi, Ti Lung, and Ken Lo turning up in a Korean movie. I gave it the full review treatment over at COF - 

https://cityonfire.com/my-wife-is-a-gangster-3-2006-review/

• Like 1