CTHD's C Chen in "Silk".VERY unknown '06 film gem?

Guest W Hong

Guest W Hong

POSSIBLE SPOILERS AHEAD:

On this forum awhile ago, I started a topic about what seems to be a VERY unknown movie called 'Silk". I guess that the Taiwanese movie,"silk", is not that well known outside of Taiwan and Asia and the Cannes Film Fest '06. However, I was lucky enough to see the "Silk" trailer on its official website. That trailer looked really good, and "Silk" looked like one of the best, but very unknown movies of 2006. That trailer is what got me interested in seeing this Taiwanese horror movie. No, I haven't seen "Silk" yet. But if you haven't seen the trailer but will do that later on, then don't read the following: There's an incredible scene in the trailer which shows-

Chang Chen, his shotgun and walkie-talkie, his girlfriend(?) and possibly a ghost near her, and "other things" like that.

I am Chinese-american and live in the LA area, but hardly anybody in the U.S. seems to have even heard of "Silk". It's also too bad that the DVD(if available) would be the only way to watch it. I'd also like to see it in a theatre. The website for "Silk" says it's a 2006 Taiwanese horror movie starring Crouching Tiger's Chang Chen. I also read that this movie and Ang Lee are trying to promote the Taiwanese movie business. A possible reason is because the Taiwanese movie studios are losing business.

Here's the link to the official(?) website if you're interested:

www.silkthemovie.com

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived