I saw Konfaibin (Dynamite Warrior) in theater today.

Guest OngBakBata

Guest OngBakBata

Over all this is a very good movie. The story is awsome, the action was so so. If you've seen Born to fight and Ong Bak then there's nothing new to see on the action parts. I love how the story was told. The main charactor (the dynamite theft) showed up in the beginning with unknown background and unknown reason why he robs the buffalo and give them to the poor. As you keep on watching you will start getting your answers, all their pasts (of each charactors) and how they're related into the whole story. I'll tell you this much, the Dynamite Theft is on his quest to revenge, he's insearch of someone who he really really wants to kill badly. I can't tell the rest because it will spoil the whole movie. Every charactors in this movie has their importance and reason to be there, everything fit together so well. Unlike Tom yum goong where many charactors didn't need to be there at all. Anyway, after I watched this movie, I really wonder why Tony Jaa didn't get to be in good movie like this. Movie like Tom Yum Goong was good only for his fight scenes, the rest was craps. One thing that I really love about Dynamite Warrior is that I got to see Panna back in action and Wow!! the old man still got a lot in him. It was fun watching Dan and Panna fight!!.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest theportlykicker

Whaa?! A Thai action film with a good story?!

Thanks for the review. I definitely want to catch this film as soon as I can.

Guest The Running Man
The story is awsome, the action was so so. If you've seen Born to fight and Ong Bak then there's nothing new to see on the action parts.

I find that hard to believe that the action was just "so-so" from the trailer. Unless they somehow cut it to make it look real good in the trailer which would not be a first. I hate being fooled like that. :b

Curious, what is it that you say is not "new"? What is it that you are looking for? A new flip kick or something?

The story is awsome, the action was so so. If you've seen Born to fight and Ong Bak then there's nothing new to see on the action parts.

I'm going to have to say Ong Bak was a world better than Born to Fight in the action department.

Guest Yakuza954

If the action is like Ong Bak, Born to Fight, and TYG I'll be happy. None of them really have a good story though, so if Dynamite Warrior has a good story then that'll just give it extra points in my book.

Guest VenomsFan

Looks like the cinematography does the action scenes justice. Nothing worse than seeing the closeup, claustrophobic fight scenes. Pull back the camera with long takes and let us enjoy the action. Ahh like the good old days.

Any word on a DVD release? I'm sure it will be out before it gets to the US. And where did you see this in theaters, OngBakBata?

Guest Chen Zhen
Blame Tom Yum Goong on that writer and esp. the PoS director. That was Don the Dragon Wilson bad, action aside.

^^truest story ever told. that director is a hack..

Guest Yakuza954

I doubt the dvd release will have subs though, TYG and Born to Fight didn't have any, so we'll have to wait for a fansubbed version or R1/R2 release. Whatever comes first.

Guest OngBakBata

I live in Bangkok so that's where I saw this movie. I don't recommend anyone watch this movie without English Sub because the story is pretty complex.

Found out that the Region 4 DVD of this film is scheduled to be released on 04/04/07 (it says 04/04/06 on the Eastern Eye website which I think is a typo mistake) with English Subtitles. The following extras are listed:

Making of DYNAMITE WARRIOR featurette

Stills gallery

International trailers

Guest VenomsFan

Thanks for the heads up. If the plot is deep like that, then I can't wait. Because it does NOT seem to lack in the action department.

April you say? I can live with that! :hat

Guest VenomsFan

Ok it's being released as "Tabanfire" and is out on ethaicd.com and eBay. 2 versions:

1. All Region Pal DVD for around $12. Thai subtitles only:

here @ethaicd

here @ebay

2. $6.50 VCD here

I just spoke with a rep from Eastern Eye and they said the release for the Region 4 ENGLISH SUBBED DVD is delayed until August 2007. Reason: There was a delay in getting the English Subtitles completed.

I don't know about you guys, but $12 for the Thai DVD is good for me. Just thought I'd pass along the latest info on the DVD to you all.

Guest GwaiLoMoFo

Trailer looked good. Very similar (almost identical) to OB and TYG. Still looks like fun action. Most of the reviews/comments Ive read online have said good/decent action but the story was crap. Sounds like more of the same from Thailand.

Guest BKarza

The official dvd and vcd are both available from ethaicd.com Ebay would be a bootleg of that. Ethaicd charges nothing for shipping, so the price you see is it.

Support official releases.

Guest jirpy100

Sounds like something to get! I must agree, TYG has one of the weakest stories I've seen in a long time. Ong Bak still worked because it was simple, but TYG was just bad!!

Guest VenomsFan

BKarza - I will let you know if the eBay listing is a bootleg. From what I've heard it is as new as ethaicd. The only difference is they charge $5 for shipping. The upside to that is it won't take as long as eThai. I have waited up to 2 weeks for an eThaicd order. We'll see...

jirpy1000 - It may seem like a weak story but I like how they tied the story of the boy and the elephant in the end. OngBak was real simple and the Thai dialogue you could still follow.

I just can't wait till August for this DVD. Anyone ordering/ordered?

www.konfaibin.com/

Guest FarEastPirate

The Thai DVD is easy to follow even though it lacks english subtitles...... it is just mindless crazy action stunts with retards that cannot act if their life depended on it.

Guest Hardz

The action is great but a lot of the impact is taken away by the lack of decent sound effects when a knee , elbow or punch is thrown and the music score is too loud during the action which kills the impact.

If we could hear and feel the knees and elbows, this film would really rock.

Guest morgoth

Sound effect have never ruined a movie for me, those guys flying up in the air after being kneed is pretty distracting though.

Guest VenomsFan

FYI - Got mine today from eBay and I can confirm it is NOT bootleg. Took 1 week from Thailand. Original signed, sealed, delivered. I'll drop a review after checking it out.

Archived