Movie ID (Korean VHS Cover - Chen Kuan Tai)

laagi

Question

• Answers 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

5 answers to this question

When I first saw this movie many years ago, before I knew what was what, I had purchased it under the title Lighting Kung Fu. It was later that I found out it was a Shaw Brothers movie, and the true name was Killer Constable.

Amazon.com: Lightning Kung Fu: Ku Feng, Chen Kuan-Tai, Jason Pai ...

16 hours ago, SMK said:

When I first saw this movie many years ago, before I knew what was what, I had purchased it under the title Lighting Kung Fu. It was later that I found out it was a Shaw Brothers movie, and the true name was Killer Constable.

Amazon.com: Lightning Kung Fu: Ku Feng, Chen Kuan-Tai, Jason Pai ...

Some ingenious cover design right there :coveredlaugh

• Administrator
KUNG FU BOB
19 hours ago, SMK said:

Similar situation for me.

Long ago I rented LIGHTNING KUNG FU from a video store, with this cover, thinking I was getting a fu flick starring Beardy based on that cover art. But then it felt like a Japanese film... but starred Chinese people, none whom looked like those on the cover art. I was confused. But I recognized that the star (Chen Kuan-Tai) was the same one from EXECUTIONERS OF DEATH (aka. EXECUTIONERS OF SHAOLIN, 1977), so hoped it would be similar. Though it didn't have a lot of kung fu, instead favoring swordplay, and the cropping and dark print made some of what was happening during action scenes incomprehensible, I still enjoyed it. When I finally saw KILLER CONSTABLE uncut and widescreen it was a huge difference!

lightning kung fu51X5TB5498L._AC_SY445_.jpg

@KUNG FU BOB Haven't we all fallen victim to these false covers before :laugh I've yet to catch a Killer Constable but since I'm on a Shaw rampage I might as well add it to the list.

Archived