Time to Hunt (2020 - Crime Thriller)

laagi

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sure did enjoy this one as well. Very dark in mood... Neo noir!? Spending a lot of time among all these abandoned buildings wrapped in a mist of despair, giving you this choking depression. I'm curious where this was shot on location because the whole place looks run down. Maybe an old industrial complex? It also comes as no surprise that only towards the end we finally get to see some color which again transcends a feeling of hope as opposed to the entirity of the movie. Just don't go into this expecting an action mayhem. I would go as far as to say there's barely none. The action here lives from building up fear. Again a lot of the movie works with emotions and feelings. And for the most part it works great using the different techniques (sound, picture, acting...) to deliver this! The only thing that had me smile is there's an undeniable Terminator 2 vibe here. You'll know what I'm talking about once you've seen it. Highly recommended!

JackieRome

It lasts so long. He doesn't tell anything new, but he fishes from The Hitcher and similar films, always telling the usual story, but he does it with incredible tension. A cure and a technique that only Korean cinema can do. If there weren't more than a few naivety, it would have been better. It's worth watching it at least once, then there's something better around.

On 5/2/2020 at 7:48 PM, One Armed Boxer said:

Very entertaining, can't believe it's been 10 years since 'Bleak Night'!  I gave it the full review treatment over at COF -

https://cityonfire.com/time-to-hunt-2020-review-netflix-yoon-sung-hyun/

I realize these are two very different movies but his debut, Bleak Night is far superior IMHO. Not that I didn't enjoy Time to Hunt but it's just your standard dystopian cat and mouse thriller with some decent action scenes.

Archived