Looks like Mr.Yun Fat did return to HK movies in '06.

Guest W Hong

Guest W Hong

It looks like Chow Yun Fat did go back to the HK movies w/ last year's "The Postmodern Life of my aunt". Also, I thought that Yun Fat's acting in last year's "CurseOTGF" was probably the best acting in that movie. He should've at least received an Oscar nom for Best Actor, IMO. People don't know what they're missing if they haven't seen "COTGF", one of the greatest Chinese movies IMO.

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest D1 Ma

It's funny, I thought COTGF was a ridiculous, pointless movie, made for the sake of the visuals and CGI. ÑYF was nothing more than a piece of furniture and other actors were not much better. Gong Li did a good job, though.

All ÑYF did in the movie was looking mean and saying a few phrases. I was REALLY dissapointed. The biggest surprise to me were all those Golden Horse nominations the movie and CYF got.

I think, even House Of The FD, which wasn't great either, still was much better, than COTGF.

Interesting though, how every movie finds it's fans, no matter how bad it is. (I'm not saying COTGF was bad, but it was average AT BEST)

Archived