I Can, I Will, I Did (2018) - Mike Faist, Grandmaster Ik Jo Kang, Ellie Lee, Ryan-James Hatanaka

AlbertV

I saw this film over the weekend on Amazon Prime. There's no "fighting" in the film but a very emotional martial arts story about a bullied 17-year old foster kid, Ben, (Mike Faist) who ends up in a car accident in an attempt to escape from his bullies. Paralyzed due to his nerves and not his spine, Ben meets a wheelchair-bound young woman, Adrienne, (Ellie Lee) and her grandfather, Taekwondo grandmaster Kang (Grandmaster Ik Jo Kang). The grandfather reluctantly takes the kid under his wing, teaching him to walk first then teach him Taekwondo while giving him a job at the dojang. The kid must deal with past and present demons to find himself and to do so, he does it through training in Taekwondo. It's one of those movies that evoke more in the spirit of martial arts rather than what we are used to when we hear "martial arts film". The film co-stars Orange is the New Black's Selenis Leyva and Doctor Sleep's Kyleigh Curran.

Grandmaster Kang, a Connecticut-based Taekwondo and Hapkido grandmaster, also served as executive producer and came up with the story of the film, in which Nadine Truong wrote the script and would direct the film. 

http://www.kang-taekwondo-hapkido.com/movie.html

MV5BMzAxYzU2ZDUtMzliYi00MzQxLWIxYzQtYzVi

It's available for free on Amazon Prime.

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived