What is the most gruesome fight scene

KCN9NE

Without being an over the the top blood fest like a Tokyo gore police.. what is the most believably gruesome fight scene you have ever seen? 

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Graeme Of Death

Depends what you mean. There's scenes in the Sammo and Jackie films where you can see folk properly hurting themselves with stunts and falls. Then you've got films like the Raid that have a more realistic visceral style to the fight scenes. Or the old Chang Cheh films with everyone getting stabbed and disemboweled :)

I'd probably go with something from the Raid films. I'm sure there are far more gruesome than that but that's really the only films of that style I've seen.

The Train scene from the The Raid Two,The Night Comes for us has some violent/gruesome scenes and don’t forget that Streetfighter bloke Terry Tsurugi,he’s been involved in some violent stuff.

Oh man, for me it is definitely The Night Comes For Us. The end fight scene if I recall correctly, is the one that had me actually feeling each stab, hit, cut, kick, etc. 

stranger things 2 pain GIF

Screen-Shot-2018-10-18-at-3.58.06-PM.png

The end fight of Dragon Killer with Simon Yam has to be up near the top of the list.

Although not real bloody, there's some brutal fights in Taiwanese movies like 21 Red ListRendea-vous of Japanese Kanto, and I Want to be a Good Person.

6 minutes ago, KCN9NE said:

I remember thinking this was violent as hell when I first seen this back in 2012 

That was pretty brutal. 

This film doesn't feature a ton of martial arts but incorporate lots of gore and abuse. I Saw the Devil is not only an amazing film, it was one of the films that got me into Korean cinema. A strong mention would be The Man from Nowhere.

3 hours ago, venom10463 said:

I Saw the Devil is not only an amazing film, it was one of the films that got me into Korean cinema.

I agree, great movie.

Bloody/gruesome movies that stuck with me: Conan: The Barbarian, Nine Element Ninjas and The Night Comes For us. 

The Night Comes For us is so underrated. 

I've seen plenty of violent, bloody scenes. NOTHING has made me squirm and wince more than the fight scenes in Brawl In Cell Block 99. They are relatively brief compared to what we would usually watch but by God the sound effects and the static camera combined with the brutality onscreen. Yikes.

4 minutes ago, SamSeed said:

I've seen plenty of violent, bloody scenes. NOTHING has made me squirm and wince more than the fight scenes in Brawl In Cell Block 99. They are relatively brief compared to what we would usually watch but by God the sound effects and the static camera combined with the brutality onscreen. Yikes.

OMG, I forgot about this movie. +1 vote for this one. But if were going by martial arts based films, I'm going with The Night Comes For Us. I need to rewatch Brawl though, great film.

29 minutes ago, SamSeed said:

I enjoyed Brawl in Cell Block 99, but I did find it to be on the chessy side rather than gory.

2 minutes ago, venom10463 said:

I enjoyed Brawl in Cell Block 99, but I did find it to be on the chessy side rather than gory.

I actually enjoyed that "grindhouse" feel of cheese and violence. It helps when the violent acts are believable too. :smile

zahler Vincevaughn GIF by Cinestate

OpiumKungFuCracker

The Raid

The Raid 2

The night cums for us

Shootfighter

Shootfighter 2

Ip man

SPL

Flash Point

Unleashed

3 hours ago, mpm74 said:

Is anyone here a fan of Brawl In Cell Block 99 director?

Yep. Big fan. Bone Tonahawk and Dragged Across Concrete are great films, both with scenes of extremely uncomfortable violence, it's so refreshing to have a director who can genuinely shock audiences in this day and age.

On 4/21/2020 at 12:32 AM, SamSeed said:

Yep. Big fan. Bone Tonahawk and Dragged Across Concrete are great films, both with scenes of extremely uncomfortable violence, it's so refreshing to have a director who can genuinely shock audiences in this day and age.

I've seen all his films except Bone Tonahawk.

Just watched Dog bite Dog, And while not gruesome or bloody .. this movie was very brutal. 

VFW is definitely on this list. I’m looking for more movies like this. Just brutal kills. Any recommendations 

Archived