Review of BCI's BORN TO FIGHT (1986) disc

Guest udar55

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest cliffmac

It should be.....and possibly a bit earlier.

The Best Buy edition has a second disc with an extra Panna film.

Guest udar55
The Best Buy edition has a second disc with an extra Panna film.

Does that apply if you order it from their website as well?

Guest Tosh
I keep checking BB everyday. May 15th is my b-day, so it better be there by then!

I was in BB yesterday and they had it, seems Thailand seems to be theshit right now as half of the movies there was Ong Bak, Protecter, and Born to fight, along with the sad assortment of Bruce Lee/Chan/Li movies that have been in everyones collections since the beginning of time, and lets not forget the American Ninja movies and Ol' Claude, surprise they didn't have the Segul collection.

One Image, Shadow Whip>:

Guest Senor Quack

Can you let us know what the "bonus" film is that is included in the Best Buy edition?

Guest morgoth

Thai Police Story. It was pretty good. No story, but plenty of fights. The fights aren't great but there is some nice impact shots and some awesome stuntwork. It is only 56 minutes long, but I didn't have a problem with that.

I haven't watched BTF yet, but the special features are really good. There is a 15 minute interview with Jaa and Panna and it is basically Jaa's life story. One hell of a special feature. Of course Jaa shows off plenty of moves in the interview. There is a 4 minute interview with the producer of a lot of Panna's movies. The 35 minute special feature on the stunt team looks really good, though I haven't watched it all yet. The last special features are a short Ong-Bak spoof commercial, and an odd Saturday Night live type Ong-Bak skit that is 13 minutes long.

Guest morgoth

I actually liked Thai Police Story a little better than BTF. I don't know the Thai name, but it is the one where Panna is fightign guys on top of a moving truck and one guy goes flying into a Pepsi billboard. The DVD says it was made in 1987. Panna has a mullet and is hired to protect a gangster's son.

can't beat two Thai films with subs for $12.99. The quality was certainly a step up from the vcds we're all used to. The extras were well worth it as well. The interview with Jaa had some bad sound, but it was subbed. It's a very nice set.

Guest morgoth

THat stuntman thing was by far the best special feature. I wasn't expecting anything that good to be on the disc.

Archived