Yu Tien Long

ShawAngela

I didn't search if there is a thread for this actor, but when I tried by the search button with his name in title content only, I didn't find anything, so, I guess that he doesn't have his own thread.

I found a picture of him at his old age, but as I don't read Chinese, I don't know the year of the picture nor what is written, sorry.

https://moviecool.asia/person/yGmlmWYwHSj

Yu Tien Long.jpeg

• Like 3

ShawAngela

Does anyone know if there has ever been a release in any format of the movie Dragon kid 1975 in which he plays ?

http://hkmdb.com/db/movies/view.mhtml?id=9919&display_set=eng

It seems that his filmography has been updated.

Does anyone have ever heard of this movie The perils of Chu Lao San 1979 with Chen Sing ?

http://hkmdb.com/db/movies/view.mhtml?id=13963&display_set=eng

I wonder how many gems I still have to discover, being his movies of those of other actors...

• Like 2

Chu Liu Hsiang

According to ofdb.de there was a Ground Zero release of DRAGON KID, as double feature with 7 STAR GRAND MANTIS. https://ssl.ofdb.de/view.php?page=fassung&fid=128397&vid=207418

The linked text says he's 71 years old, as hkmdb states his birth as April 12, 1949 it seems to be a current picture. He was born in Guangzhou and moved to HK in 1968. Became a renowned tv actor in the late 70s. 

The most prominent role I saw him in was INSANITY BEING (thanks to @NoKUNGFUforYU)

12 hours ago, ShawAngela said:

I wonder how many gems I still have to discover, being his movies of those of other actors...

Lots and lots and then some more :) I feel the same, on the one hand I'd love to see ALL of those old school movies (some exceptions confirm the rule) but on the other hand it would be awful to finally have seen all of them, and nothing left to discover. Of course, there are still the "modern" movies but they are something different. 

• Like 3

Here are some picture of this great actor that I found on a site and that I plan to buy.

I love the first, the third and the fourth ones.

Yu Tien Lung a.jpg

Yu Tien Lung b.jpg

Yu Tien Lung c.jpg

Yu Tien Lung d.jpg

Yu Tien Lung e.jpg

• Like 3

odioustrident

He was a great talent. The finale of Dragon Kid is better than the previous two films he made with that production team but it is just too short. IMO he seamlessly incorporated acrobatics into screenfighting (in single shots) before Jackie did. He is similar to the best of the genre in that he could produce clever choreography alongside his physical skill. I once heard he was billed as the Taiwanese Bruce Lee but of course that is just a marketing ploy :) .

• Like 5

NoKUNGFUforYU
1 hour ago, odioustrident said:

He was a great talent. The finale of Dragon Kid is better than the previous two films he made with that production team but it is just too short. IMO he seamlessly incorporated acrobatics into screenfighting (in single shots) before Jackie did. He is similar to the best of the genre in that he could produce clever choreography alongside his physical skill. I once heard he was billed as the Taiwanese Bruce Lee but of course that is just a marketing ploy :) .

Insanity Being really has that whole Fist of Fury vibe.

• Like 3

Looking on hkmdb in order to answer to @Chu Liu Hsiang regarding the French titles of movies I had watch in my youth, I realized that Yu Tien Lung is mentioned in the cast of The Righteous Fist, and i don't even remember to have seen him in it, though I watched this movie at least twice !!

I need to watch it again in order to see my idol among my favorite other idols Yu Tien Lung !!

• Like 2