LKL's new film? No news??

Guest teako170

Guest teako170

Whatever happed to the new LKL film? I sent an email to the guys running the Burning S site bit it got bounced back. Then I emailed him at his school and no reply. Is it still in production? :(

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

they demanded the script from him and more or less were looking to take the film from him and do it themselves claiming it was "created by." At least that was what was going around. It certainly isn't happening and Lau Sifu was really shafted by the whole thing.

Guest Egocentrik1

hey .. Drunken monkey isnt LKL´s last one...thats a certain!

More I can not reveal !!!

something good is cooking...:rollin

Guest Chinatown Kid

I hope it's a sequel to Operation Scorpio, Won Jin has said in interviews that he would really like to do a sequel to that film!

Guest Chen Zhen

^^ doubtful..but that would be beyond cool seeing LKL and won jin on screen again

btw CK, thanx again for the operation scorpio, KWJ is truly fantastic in the film with his abilities! Yuen Tak did a great job on the action too, altho i thought him and Corey did a better job on the action in Women on the Run.

Guest Chinatown Kid

Your welcome Chen, glad to hear you enjoyed it. The action was great in Women on the Run but I liked Won Jin better in OS because he got to do and show-off more. I just would like to see him in some upcoming new movies, where's he been for so long?!!!!

Guest W Hong

POSSIBLE SPOILERS AHEAD

I hope it's a sequel to Operation Scorpio, Won Jin has said in interviews that he would really like to do a sequel to that film!

I wonder how come there wasn't a sequel by now. Operation Scorpio was a very good HK kung fu movie IMO. I had the chance to see the movie in a theatre, which is probably the best way to see "OS". I also kind of remember seeing the HK trailer at one of the Chinese language theatres of L.A.'s San Gabriel Valley back then.

And yes, Won Jin was incredible in OS, especially because of that strange "scorpion-style" martial arts. And If that wasn't enough, then how about the fight scene at the end w/ "surprise-style" martial arts from Chin Kar Lok? IIRC, the HK actor was either CKL or an actor w/ a similar name(and possibly CKL's brother).

Fans of either HK movies or kung fu movies don't know what they're missing if they haven't seen "OS". Do you know if there was a Fox DVD or HK DVD of OS?

Guest GwaiLoMoFo
Do you know if there was a Fox DVD or HK DVD of OS?
Fox released it a few years ago. One of the only titles I didnt see carried in stores though. I have the HKL version, so I didnt pick up the Fox. Years ago I had an older bare-bones HK dvd (WA??) as well.

As much as I liked it, I was a little disappointed in how much wire assistance Won Jin used. I know its common for that era, and it doesnt bother me too much. But I was suprised because so many people were raving about his aerial performance. He is an amazing physical performer, no doubt. But alot of his higher kicking scenes you could really see the wires. Left me not as impressed as others.

Guest W Hong
Quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Do you know if there was a Fox DVD or HK DVD of OS?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fox released it a few years ago. One of the only titles I didnt see carried in stores though. I have the HKL version, so I didnt pick up the Fox. Years ago I had an older bare-bones HK dvd (WA??) as well.

actually, I feel bad for asking that question. I can kind of remember seeing that Fox DVD being available for rent at Blockbuster Video. I didn't rent it, but I remember renting another HK DVD at that same Blockbuster Store. It was a terrible movie starring Vanness Wu called "Star Runner". There were only a few good things about "SR", w/ the story or the ending being one of the few. I remember "SR" having a lot of cameos, for some reason, from famous HK stars from the past and present. Those stars included: Gordon Liu, David Chiang, Ti Lung, Ken Lo, Hung Yan Yan, and some others. However, They were all wasted except for maybe Gordon Liu and also a HK actor and actress who had supporting roles in "SR".

Guest Chinatown Kid

I think the reason wires were used in Won's fight scenes in OS was because the director wanted to give it a comicbook/fantasy feel. I'm not a fan of wirework and really could have done without it in the movie but I think Won's amazing skill still shined through in his performance. He doesn't need wires to show of his amazing kicking skills and acrobatics though and is better off without them imo. OS is widely considered his best role to date because he got to show off his skills the most, I just wish he would appear in some new movies instead of letting his talents go to waste because he's not getting any younger.

Guest HungKuen

I'm not a fan of Operation Scorpio to be honest. Way too fast editing. There's only like a move per shot in the fights, and it annoyed the hell out of me. Won Jin, Kar-Lok and LKL are all extremely talented screen fighters, they don't that sort of editing!

Guest Beat TG

Operation Scorpio is quite good for a movie but I can't stand the action choreography at times (especially the eel technique). Won Jin was perfect though.

Guest Chinatown Kid

The main reason I like OS is simply for Won's performance, I don't really care for Chin Kar Lok. It was also great to see Lau back in action as well. If anyone is interested in seeing this film be sure to get the HKL's version as it has some great special features including the amazing demo showreel by Won Jin.

Your welcome Chen, glad to hear you enjoyed it. The action was great in Women on the Run but I liked Won Jin better in OS because he got to do and show-off more. I just would like to see him in some upcoming new movies, where's he been for so long?!!!!

Won Jin is back in Korea where he is a top notch action director. His works in action included the My Wife is a Gangster trilogy and Romantic Killers, which was reviewed here on KungFuCinema.com

I actually found the OS Fox DVD at Wal-mart here and it was on sale for 7.99 when I bought it. Like almost everyone else I saw the film simply for Won Jin and his impressive kicking skills and seeing LKL in action. Chin Kar-Lok was great except the eel technique, but boy could he take a fall.

Archived