Sun Chien

Jonny

Question

Does anybody know if Sun Chien is still around? The guy with superb leg work from the Venom mob. Can’t find much on him.

• Like 1

13 answers to this question

Last movie that I know of him making was Angry Ranger with Ben Lam way back in the early 90's. Hope he is enjoying his senior years, always enjoyed his powerful looking kicks with beautiful form.

• Like 2

Yes, why ? Neither wikipedia or baike.baidu sites mention his death.

He is only 65 years old, there are plenty of actors older than him who are still alive...

• Like 2

I haven't heard or read any news about Sun Chien recently but I really hope he is enjoying his golden years and not dealing with any health issues or anything like that. I also wondered about the "unoffical" venom, Wai Pai after he left the industry. He's even younger than Sun Chien and I remember hearing somewhere that he fled to South America after his career was over in HK. But it's just a rumor.

• Like 3

Killer Meteor

There is a recent pic of him in the booklet for BCI's Life Gamble DVD...only by "recent" I mean 11 years ago! :(

• Like 3

Thanks for the replies .. I too hope he’s doing okay.. always feel terrible seeing these legends leave us.. so many taken too soon. 

• Like 4

On 4/1/2020 at 7:43 PM, CT KID said:

Last movie that I know of him making was Angry Ranger with Ben Lam way back in the early 90's. Hope he is enjoying his senior years, always enjoyed his powerful looking kicks with beautiful form.

Yes.. his kicks were excellent .. I’ll have to have a look for the movie you mention .. I’ve only ever seen him in Shaw brothers movies.

• Like 5

On 3/30/2020 at 1:41 PM, Killer Meteor said:

There is a recent pic of him in the booklet for BCI's Life Gamble DVD...only by "recent" I mean 11 years ago! :(

That’s the case with a lot of old school Kung fu stars .. they have Facebook pages that haven’t posted anything in years .. always wished there was more info about them online .. these guys deserve that. Just thankful to have this forum. 

• Like 7

Did Lu Feng give any indication of his whereabouts when he was at Dragonfest a few years ago? I know he did multiple interviews, so one of them he must have answered a question if he still keeps in contact with the other venoms.

• Like 4

I remember reading somewhere that Sun Chien ended up working as the manager at one of the McDonald's in Hong Kong. Also, a fishing accident cost him an eye.

• Like 2

On 4/14/2020 at 2:34 PM, venom10463 said:

Did Lu Feng give any indication of his whereabouts when he was at Dragonfest a few years ago?

What did Lu Feng do after movies (and television?) dried up for him?

• Like 2

venomsreviews
On 4/15/2020 at 3:34 AM, venom10463 said:

Did Lu Feng give any indication of his whereabouts when he was at Dragonfest a few years ago? I know he did multiple interviews, so one of them he must have answered a question if he still keeps in contact with the other venoms.

I am not sure if this was during Dragonfest, but there was a video that appeared on Facebook several years ago from Lu Feng's hotel room where he was answering questions and talking to those in the room with him. He did confirm that he was still in contact with Sun Chien! However, I cannot remember if he indicated his exact location.

On 8/12/2021 at 3:26 AM, DrNgor said:

What did Lu Feng do after movies (and television?) dried up for him?

In an interview from 2016, Lu Feng discussed working strictly as an action choreographer and/or director. He said that he was focusing on working behind the scenes.

• Like 4