Shaw brothers triple pack

NinjaX

Iv'e just bought a triple pack of shaw brothers movies that include vengeance,soul of the sword,and the watermargin by MIB.

There seems to be white speckling on most of the  scenes in the movies, if anyones else has this set does there copies do this or have i bought a dud?

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 3/26/2020 at 10:22 AM, NinjaX said:

Iv'e just bought a triple pack of shaw brothers movies that include vengeance,soul of the sword,and the watermargin by MIB.

There seems to be white speckling on most of the  scenes in the movies, if anyones else has this set does there copies do this or have i bought a dud?

Do you have a picture of the set, or a link to the same?

Chu Liu Hsiang

https://www.thalia.de/shop/home/artikeldetails/ID70888510.html

Special Edition Box 1

Shaw Brothers Special Edition Box I [3 DVDs]

There is also a Special Edition Box 2, including ALL MEN ARE BROTHERS, CHINESE BOXER and HUMAN LANTERNS. 

Shaw Brothers Special Edition Box II [3 DVDs]

I bought some MIB editions before I started buying IVLs. My biggest complaint with them was that some of them have non-synchronicity between the Mandarin audio and the subtitles which is annoying, to put it politely.  I cannot comment on the white speckling.  

On 6/24/2020 at 2:43 AM, Chu Liu Hsiang said:

https://www.thalia.de/shop/home/artikeldetails/ID70888510.html

Special Edition Box 1

Shaw Brothers Special Edition Box I [3 DVDs]

There is also a Special Edition Box 2, including ALL MEN ARE BROTHERS, CHINESE BOXER and HUMAN LANTERNS. 

Shaw Brothers Special Edition Box II [3 DVDs]

I bought some MIB editions before I started buying IVLs. My biggest complaint with them was that some of them have non-synchronicity between the Mandarin audio and the subtitles which is annoying, to put it politely.  I cannot comment on the white speckling.  

Ahhhhh, not familiar with these sets.  Weird they didnt use the IVL remastered versions...or just bad mastering on their part?

Graeme Of Death

I have the Water Margin on blu ray from that label and there's no issues I can recall with it. Strange that it be in all 3 films

Archived