The Fatal Raid (2019 - Girls with Guns)

laagi

An average entry for the revival of the popular girls with guns genre. Just too ludicrious at times. Probably the worst strike team I've ever watched on screen. How can you waste hundreds of bullets without ever hitting a target once!? Also most of the female cast is just used as eyecandy. Perfect example: one of the girls wore hotpants during a raid while her male counterparts were in full gear.

I guess to approach a movie like this with any sense and logic is gonna leave you disappointed. On top of that the story takes too many turns and is rather confusing. Slight spoiler ahead at the end there's a pretty strong indication they're gonna remake a famous movie of one of their lead actress Jade Leung. Let's see how that will turn out.

However, it's also refreshing to see a production to barely use any CGI and rather rely on good old handicraft; credit where credit's due! Stick around for some behind the scenes during the end credits.

Edited by laagi
  • Like 4

Cognoscente
On 3/24/2020 at 1:05 PM, laagi said:

An average entry for the revival of the popular girls with guns genre. Just too ludicrious at times. Probably the worst strike team I've ever watched on screen. How can you waste hundreds of bullets without ever hitting a target once!? Also most of the female cast is just used as eye candy. Perfect example: one of the girls wore hotpants during a raid while her male counterparts were in full gear.

They should have done the Chinese equivalent to Mercenaries (2014). In the below photo, Jade reminds me of Sophie Ngan.

12_1199a_catc_p18_20_4190136555fbe70c5e1d7d.jpg

• Like 3