Rugal (2020) Netflix Korean Action Series

whitesnake

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/netflix-unveils-korean-slate-eight-series-1285880   Netflix has picked up "seven upcoming Korean series and one film, collectively spanning reality, crime, sci-fi, romance, drama, and more."  Rugal, based on a webtoon, premieres on Netflix March 28th.  It "is an action hero series revolving around a special organization of people whose body parts have been reformed and strengthened through biotechnology.  Named Rugal, the organization fights against the country's biggest and most notorious terrorist group Argos."  From  http://www.koreaherald.com/view.php?ud=20200323000879  

Hollywood Reporter summary:  "Kang Gi-beom, once a promising police detective in the violent crimes unit, is suspected of murdering his own wife.  His eyes are slashed with a razor after he witnesses her murder at the hands of the terrorist group ARGOS.  Just when he thinks he has lost everything, he is approached by Choi Geun-cheol, the chief executive director of Rugal, a special organization dedicated to the sole purpose of eradicating ARGOS.  Choi requests that Gi-beom receive an artificial eye transplant and join Rugal.  After miraculously surviving the risky transplant operation, Gi-beom is born again as a human weapon.  He begins to take revenge on ARGOS for everything they have done to him."  Cast includes Choi Jin-Hyuk (The Divine Move) and Sung-woong Park (The Swindlers). 

Netflix Trailer- 

Behind the scenes action - 

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for the updates. I just finished Kingdom season 2 and enjoyed other Korean netflix series like Stranger and Black. So I will keep an eye out for this one and add it to my queue.

I'm six episodes in and I'm happy with it.  The action is decent and the story is nicely twisty (there's a bit of a jaw dropper in episode 6).  A good way to kill an hour and some change.

Archived