Please help identify this movie.

KungFuJimmy

KungFuJimmy

Hi all, Going insane trying to remember the title of an old kung fu movie. Any help appreciated. I remember the following.

Circa 1970s with English dub.

One of the main protagonists kicks only and doesn't use fists when fighting. Believe he predominantly wears white attire from memory.

One of the villains carries an egg timer which he starts before fighting and kills his opponents before the timer runs out. In one scene he is guarding a bridge from memory and upon starting the egg timer says "dying time starts now" or something to that effect.

I also vaguely remember a scene with a man training on top of large barrels of water smashing jugs of water that hang from a tree above.

Any help greatly appreciated. My apologies if this is not the appropriate area to post this.

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply
KungFuJimmy
16 minutes ago, NoKUNGFUforYU said:

Here you go!

Not it unfortunately. I should of been more specific it was an old fashion style egg timer. The miniature hour glass style that you turn upside down and wait for the sand to drain through. Cheers for your help though

Is it the movie with Phillip ko Fei & John Liu He uses an egg timer in that.. it’s called the dragon, the hero. 

John liu only kicks .. it’s a strange movie. Also got Dragon lee in .. who’s a Bruce lee look alike.

7 hours ago, Jonny said:

Is it the movie with Phillip ko Fei & John Liu He uses an egg timer in that.. it’s called the dragon, the hero. 

Yes I think it is The Dragon, The Hero. 

13 hours ago, KungFuJimmy said:

One of the main protagonists kicks only and doesn't use fists when fighting. Believe he predominantly wears white attire from memory.

John Liu wear white throughout the movie.

One of the villains carries an egg timer which he starts before fighting and kills his opponents before the timer runs out.

Philip Ko use an "sand" timer in the movie.

In one scene he is guarding a bridge from memory and upon starting the egg timer

There is a bridge fight scene in the movie and PK uses the timer.

I also vaguely remember a scene with a man training on top of large barrels of water smashing jugs of water that hang from a tree above.

There is a scene where Dragon Lee was training with jugs attached to trees.

KungFuJimmy
13 hours ago, Jonny said:

John liu only kicks .. it’s a strange movie. Also got Dragon lee in .. who’s a Bruce lee look alike.

My man! That is indeed it. Can't thank you enough. Gloriously bad movie but I love it all the same. 

KungFuJimmy
5 hours ago, thekfc said:

Yes I think it is The Dragon, The Hero. 

John Liu wear white throughout the movie.

Philip Ko use an "sand" timer in the movie.

There is a bridge fight scene in the movie and PK uses the timer.

There is a scene where Dragon Lee was training with jugs attached to trees.

Yeah think I've merged two movies for that jug scene not exactly how I remembered but this is definitely the movie I was looking for. 

20 hours ago, NoKUNGFUforYU said:

Here you go!

I would pay LOT for proper release..one of first kung fu movies I ever saw and eastern heroes release is as crap as vhs over here..still better than nothing..leaung kar yang is terrific villain and action top notch...

7 hours ago, KungFuJimmy said:

My man! That is indeed it. Can't thank you enough. Gloriously bad movie but I love it all the same. 

I thought that may be the one.. Yes.. not one of the best.. but the Kung fu from John liu & Phillip ko Fei is top notch as always. You are welcome sir. 

Archived