Lee Tso-Nam and Chuang Yan-Chien

teako170

We hear a lot about LTN but not often about his man behind the camera. This dynamic duo worked together as director & cinematographer on nearly two dozen flicks. Cool indies like The Hot, the Cool and the Vicious / 南拳北腿活閻王 (1976), Fatal Needles Vs. Fatal Fists / 勾魂針奪命拳 (1978). The Green Jade Statuette / 神刀流星拳 (1978), Shaolin Invincible Sticks / 棍王 (1979), The Invincible Kung Fu Legs / 南北腿王 (1980), and Shaolin Vs. Lama / 少林鬥喇嘛 (1983).

Hopefully haven't posted this photo before but here they are on the set for Wild Panther / 野豹 (1984). Left-to-right: Actor Chen Shan, Lee Tso-Nam, Chuang Yan-Chien, and actor Peng Kang.

Image9.jpg

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All the films you named are definitely "Must Watch" films for any fan of the genre. I enjoyed them all. Very cool pic, thanks for sharing. 

AlexanderFu

Indeed, great movies. I think Chang Yi is really one of the best on screen fighters, amazing talent for sure.

I don't think Lo Lieh get enough credit for his flawless movements. He might not throw

out the most outrageous shapes, but the man could move like the air, just as he did in 

Clan of the White Lotus. The talent in those independents was just so good. Tien Peng and Wang Kuan-hsiung

and Chung Wa…..I know I'll leave people out but all those project from mid '70's to early '80's are all must see.

Archived