What was the first film Jackie Chan ever appeared in?

SMK

Question

• Answers 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

9 answers to this question

According to the Jackie Chan biography book I read a few years ago. He started acting as a child actor. His first appearance was an extra in Seven Little Valiant Fighters.

Yes, aka Big and Little Wong Tin Bar, in 1962, immediately followed by Story of Qin Xiang Lian in 1964.

I just took a look at hkmdb and saw that he played in more Shaws' movies than I thought, such as Lady of steel and Village of Tigers...

Very cool info @ShawAngela The way this feature works, since @venom10463 posted an answer that you know to be correct, you would vote his answer up on the left of his avatar. You can still leave a comment confirming the answer, and even providing more info as you did, but since he posted the correct answer first you can vote on his answer. 

Vote done, Sorry that I didn't do it yesterday, I was so happy to see the forum back that I answered without reading the green paragraph on the top of the home page..

Fyi... Sammo Hung also appeared alongside Jackie in Seven Little Valiant Fighters. Like Jackie, this was Sammo's first film. In addition, looking at the casting, quite a few of the Seven Little Fortunes appeared in the film.

Iron Head Rat
On 3/10/2020 at 11:02 PM, ShawAngela said:

Yes, aka Big and Little Wong Tin Bar, in 1962, immediately followed by Story of Qin Xiang Lian in 1964.

I just took a look at hkmdb and saw that he played in more Shaws' movies than I thought, such as Lady of steel and Village of Tigers...

Saw Village Of The Tigers yesterday. I liked it. Jackie has a very small cameo. Gets pressed up against the wall with a blade at his throat. Yueh Hua then finishes him off.

2 hours ago, Iron Head Rat said:

Saw Village Of The Tigers yesterday. I liked it. Jackie has a very small cameo. Gets pressed up against the wall with a blade at his throat. Yueh Hua then finishes him off.

I must confess that except in Tiger Killer and The story of Qing Xiang Lian (because I knew that he was in it before watching the movie), I didn't spot him in any of the other Shaws' in which he played, but I watched them a long while ago without knowing that he had short roles in them.

I didn't even spot him in Enter the dragon !!

Archived