City on Fire 2018 Korean Blu-Ray

BigDruDogg

I just recently watched my HK City on Fire blu-ray for the zillionth time and came to realize the print is dvd quality at best... I did some digging and noticed a 2018 blu-ray came out in Korea.

I was just curious if anyone here has that version and if it's an improvement to the HK one at all. I know both the HK and Korean blu-rays are by Fortune Star, that's why I'm curious if it's been remastered or just another reprint.

This is the one I'm referring too...

https://www.blu-ray.com/movies/City-on-Fire-Blu-ray/205399/

Thanks for any help!! :BL-Thanks:

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
On 2/24/2020 at 1:14 AM, BigDruDogg said:

I just recently watched my HK City on Fire blu-ray for the zillionth time and came to realize the print is dvd quality at best... I did some digging and noticed a 2018 blu-ray came out in Korea.

I was just curious if anyone here has that version and if it's an improvement to the HK one at all. I know both the HK and Korean blu-rays are by Fortune Star, that's why I'm curious if it's been remastered or just another reprint.

This is the one I'm referring too...

https://www.blu-ray.com/movies/City-on-Fire-Blu-ray/205399/

Thanks for any help!! :BL-Thanks:

I'm curious about this too. Normally Korean released Blu-rays are top-notch, but of course they can only work with the materials they are given. It would be great to have this classic on Blu.

So, same question- anyone pick up this release, and if so, what's the quality like?

• Administrator
3 hours ago, saltysam said:

Nova Media just port over the same transfers from the HK discs unfortunately. Their selling point is the fancy packaging.

Aw, damn. That's disappointing. But not as disappointing as it would have been for @BigDruDogg and I had we taken the chance and purchased the Korean release. So thanks @saltysam for the info and sparing us that.

I'm glad I asked, I had a gut feeling it was the same unfortunately, but that's why I love this community you guys always come through with the knowledge!!

Thanks!! also Shout out to @KUNG FU BOB I remember buying a bunch of your prints back in 2010 and my game room is still flooded with your work!! I'm glad to see your still at it and as strong as ever, even now when I import your 88 Films covers, I tell my buddies, I've been rolling with Bob for 10 years lol

Take care everyone!!

• Administrator
2 hours ago, BigDruDogg said:

I'm glad I asked, I had a gut feeling it was the same unfortunately, but that's why I love this community you guys always come through with the knowledge!!

Thanks!! also Shout out to @KUNG FU BOB I remember buying a bunch of your prints back in 2010 and my game room is still flooded with your work!! I'm glad to see your still at it and as strong as ever, even now when I import your 88 Films covers, I tell my buddies, I've been rolling with Bob for 10 years lol

Take care everyone!!

Right on! Thanks man.

Archived