Question on Screaming Tiger 1973

ShawAngela

I just watched this movie on the Digital Gold Collection (green box) dvd release. The back cover says that the running time is 97mn, but when I played it, it ran for only 1h14mn and 56s, and it obviously has been cut, because when Wang Yu, impersonating a rickshaw puller, fights with the guy in the rickshaw under the eyes of Shan Mao and a few other guys, the following scene jumps to Wang Yu talking with Cheung Ching Ching just before she is killed in order to save his life, and with Ma Kei's daughter, and then, the following scene jumps to Kang Kai, Ma Kei's son, and the Korean guy his father has saved, obviously having escaped from a fight because they have some bruises everywhere, and going to take revenge on Lung Fei and his men, but the fight between Ma Kei, his son, the Korean and Lung Fei's men isn't shown, nor how Ma Kei's daughter has escaped and is now with Cheung Ching Ching, nor is it shown if Wang Yu fought with Shan Mao and his men after having killed the guy in the rickshaw, and Shan Mao doesn't appear anymore in the movie...

So, is there an uncut version of this movie somewhere ?

In addition to that, there are cuts in the sound during the movie, and freezing images during the action scenes too, but  maybe it's the way they were shot in order to emphasize the action, I don't know...

• Like 3

13 hours ago, saltysam said:

The DVD i have is a german release from Savoy/Intergroove, it has german and english audio and runs 1:36:07

Does it happen that you have a picture of the cover, please ?

I seached on ebay and only found the same dvd release as I already have...or bootlegs...

• Like 3

Times change...

There is another one at 15€, but it seems that the seller doesn't ship to France and there is no way to contact him, because the section " others " in the subjects of the messages isn't mentioned and when I tried by using another option, I got " no answer " from ebay...

Thanks for having confirmed !

• Like 2

A few years ago, remember a certain "Jamal", he had a very nice version of this film in full and original version (Mandarin) and subtitled in English
  • Like 3

Thank you so much @saltysam for having talked to me about the German version !

I just finished to watch it and not only the quality print is much better that the one I had, but also there aren't missing scenes anymore and one can see what happened to Shan Mao and why at a moment, Wang Yu was talking with both Cheung Ching Ching and the other girl, and also, Hong Hoi has one fight on his own in addition to the one he has with Liu Ping against Lung Fei !!

I need to look into my Jamal's collection of movies in order to see if I also have it in Mandarin, thanks for pointing this out, @khuu_2000 !

• Like 2