Gary Chow (Chau)

Yihetuan

Does anyone know why he abruptly stopped making films & what he's up to these days? Seems his career stalled out in the mid-90s. He certainly had the leading man looks and one of the more impressive all around physiques in HK cinema. Not sure if he had a body building background but it sure appeared that way from his films like Sea Wolves and Tiger Cage II.

• Like 2

Sadly Gary didn't really gel with HK audiences,  Tiger Cage 2, Middle Man didn't really give him that much to do and Sea Wolves wasn't a success at box office, i know he popped up in the Young Wisely TV movies shot around same time but with the closing of D&B he went back to Toronto as far as i know.... i know he popped up in one of Jalal Merhi's movies, i think it was Virtual Combat or something as a character in a video game world but think that was about it

• Like 5

13 hours ago, Mike Leeder said:

Sadly Gary didn't really gel with HK audiences,  Tiger Cage 2, Middle Man didn't really give him that much to do and Sea Wolves wasn't a success at box office, i know he popped up in the Young Wisely TV movies shot around same time but with the closing of D&B he went back to Toronto as far as i know.... i know he popped up in one of Jalal Merhi's movies, i think it was Virtual Combat or something as a character in a video game world but think that was about it

Oh man, now I'm going to have to track down Expect No Mercy. He played Gridman / Khan / Fango in that film :)

• Like 2

Back then, I remember Gary Chow had a japanese wife and led a kung fu school named "Impact Martial Arts" in Toronto. He participated in martial arts festivals. He teached and prep the lion dance too.
I don't know if he stopped doing movies because of his personnal life or because his movies didn't made well in HK. He's not found no where on google, neither social media, almost like erased from the map.

• Like 2