Who was Ghost Foot Seven?

DrNgor

Does anyone here know anything about the historical personage Ghost Foot Seven (鬼腳七)? He's the character that Yuen Biao plays in both The Magnificent Butcher and Kickboxer, and that was played by Xiong Xin Xin in the OUATIC films. He's also been played by Jason Pai Piao (The Magnificent Kick); Bruce Leung Siu-Lung (Four Shaolin Challengers); and Bruce Le (Rivals of Kung Fu)? I assume he was both a real-life person and a disciple of Wong Fei-Hung, but I don't know anything else about him.

• Like 2

Off topics, but reading this makes me think of Dirty Ho. I just found today that he appeared in as earlier movies as 50's movies on hkmdb, named He, or Ho in several movies. I'll try to list them later.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, ShawAngela said:

Off topics, but reading this makes me think of Dirty Ho. I just found today that he appeared in as earlier movies as 50's movies on hkmdb, named He, or Ho in several movies. I'll try to list them later.

I found this one:

火葬爛頭何 (1959)
The Rascal He on Fire
Alias: Cremation of Rotten Head Ho
Alias: Fire Attack on Dirty Ho
Alias: Broken Head Ho
Alias: 爛頭何血戰三玄觀
Origin: Hong Kong
Language: Cantonese 
Genre: Martial Arts 
Release Date (HK): 01/31/1959
  • Like 3
  • Buddha Bless You 1

Does anyone know if Dirty Ho/Rascal He/Broken Head Ho (爛頭何) was a literary character or a real-life historical personage?

Chu Liu Hsiang
Posted (edited)
On 2/14/2020 at 5:02 PM, DrNgor said:

Does anyone here know anything about the historical personage Ghost Foot Seven (鬼腳七)? He's the character that Yuen Biao plays in both The Magnificent Butcher and Kickboxer, and that was played by Xiong Xin Xin in the OUATIC films. He's also been played by Jason Pai Piao (The Magnificent Kick); Bruce Leung Siu-Lung (Four Shaolin Challengers); and Bruce Le (Rivals of Kung Fu)? I assume he was both a real-life person and a disciple of Wong Fei-Hung, but I don't know anything else about him.

According to Chinese wikipedia he was a historical person.  梁寬 Liang Kuan, born in Meixian, Guangdong became one of Wong Fei Hung's first pupils. He used to work at a blacksmith and thus got the moniker 鐵釘寬 Iron Nail Kuan. There is some more info.

this is the wiki site https://zh.wikipedia.org/zh-hant/梁寬_(武術家)

EDIT: I just realized I googled the wrong character, this is info about Leung Foon. This also explains why the moniker is so different, haha. Sorry!

Edited by Chu Liu Hsiang

Drunken Monk

It seems that Ghost Foot Seven aka Club Foot was going to get his own TVB series at one point (Yuen Wah and Nick Cheung were set to star). But it seemingly fell through and never saw the light of day. 

• Sad 1