The Mighty Ducks: Game Changers (2021) - Lauren Graham, Emilio Estevez, Brady Noon

AlbertV

mighty-ducks-anaheim-game-1.jpg?fit=1024
(Above) Original Ducks Garrett Ratfliff Henson, Colombe Jacobsen, Vincent LaRusso, Kenan Thompson, and Danny Tambarelli. Who knows if any of them will be in the new series...

Disney+ is planning a series that will act as a sequel to their 1990's franchise The Mighty Ducks (and no, it will not be like the 1-season animated series). Original writer Steven Brill is co-creating the new series and will serve as an executive producer. The series sounds like a meshing of Cobra Kai and Little Giants. In the new series, the Mighty Ducks were once the underdogs and now, they are the equivalent of their former archrivals, The Hawks. When 12-year old Evan (Brady Noon) is cut from the Ducks, Evan's mother Alex (who will be played by Lauren Graham, who will also be an exec. producer) decides to form her own team of underdogs to take on the Ducks and the culture of ultra-competitive sports. Shooting begins in Vancouver this month and the 10-episode limited series will be released later this year.

https://variety.com/2020/tv/news/the-mighty-ducks-sequel-series-lauren-graham-disney-plus-1203502197/

Edited by AlbertV
  • Like 2

Bombay is back...Emilio Estevez has confirmed in a statement he is returning to his iconic role of Gordon Bombay in the upcoming Mighty Ducks sequel series. He had a limited role in the last film D3: The Mighty Ducks

“Once a Duck, always a Duck!. After 25 years, I am delighted to lace up my skates, put on Coach Bombay’s jacket and return to play the iconic character for this new chapter in ‘The Mighty Ducks’ franchise. Likewise, I am thrilled to return to my old stomping grounds with my friends at Disney and Steve Brill, the original creator of the franchise, to join them on their exciting new platform, Disney Plus.”

• Like 2

Looks like Gordon Bombay is the new "Hans", mentoring the new team and the series is going the Cobra Kai/Little Giants route. The series is premiering on March 26 on Disney+ under the title The Mighty Ducks: Game Changers.

• Like 2

This is actually a fun series so far. It is great to see Emilio Estevez's Gordon Bombay back to his insane mannerisms of hating hockey until the last episode when he finally revealed all to lead character Alex (Lauren Graham) as to why he gave up the sport and sees Alex and her new team, the Don't Bothers, as a means to redeem himself. The Descendants' Dylan Playfair plays Coach T, the arrogant coach of the new Mighty Ducks. The April 30 episode is going to be a special one as Bombay reunites with six of the original Ducks

MightyDucksReunion.jpeg?w=1024

They are Marguerite Moreau (Connie Moreau), Garrett Ratliff (Guy Germaine), Elden Henson (Fulton Reed), Vincent LaRusso (Adam Banks), Justin Wong (Kenny Wu), and Matt Doherty (Les Averman)

Edited by AlbertV
  • Like 3

Super Ninja

I think I'm excited about this, huge fan of the original trilogy. I stared roller skating because of these movies and I was 28 at the time, wish I watched these movies as a kid. 

A friend who introduced me to the MD trilogy and I been wanting to get the jerseys but we both want to be Charlie Conway. Hope he'll realize one day he's Banks.

• Like 3

It was actually a pretty good series. I enjoyed it. And there will be a season 2, but Emilio Estevez will NOT be returning to the series. 

https://deadline.com/2021/11/emilio-estevez-leaving-the-mighty-ducks-game-changers-season-2-gordon-bombay-covid-vaccine-mandate-1234868978/

Maybe they could bring back one of the original MDs, as some reunited in one of the episodes of season 1. I think Elden Henson's Fulton Reed or even Vincent LaRusso's Adam Banks will be a good fit

210429101845-mighty-ducks-reunion-2-supe

Some of the OG Ducks reunited on Episode 6: Spirit of the Ducks

• Like 2