Shrunk (2020/2021) - Rick Moranis, Josh Gad

AlbertV

Rick Moranis is finally returning to acting on the big screens and his first return project is Shrunk, an updated version of his Disney classic Honey, I Shrunk the Kids. Moranis will return to the role of Wayne Szalinski with Josh Gad set to play the now adult Nick, Wayne's son, who aspires to follow in his father's footsteps and as a result, accidentally shrinks his kids like his father did in the original film. Originally set to go to Disney+, the film will now be released theatrically. Joe Johnston, who directed the original film, is returning to direct the new installment. 

Moranis retired from acting (not counting voice work) in 1997 after the death of his wife in 1991, who succumbed to cancer, to take care of his kids. Now that they are grown, Moranis has opted to return to acting, but carefully selecting his roles. In 2018, he returned to his role of Spaceballs villain Dark Helmet in an episode of the TV series The Goldbergs followed by appearing on the documentary An Afternoon with SCTV. He will NOT be seen in the upcoming Ghostbusters: Afterlife as he felt he went as far as he could with that character. It will be interesting to see what he can offer in this other signature role. 

https://deadline.com/2020/02/honey-i-shrunk-the-kids-reboot-rick-moranis-1202858344/

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just watched Honey, I Shrunk the Kids last weekend. It holds up! The practical effects are great and it's still fun. I'm not sure it'll make for a good modern retelling but hey, Ant-Man practically did it.

Archived