Help Identify a Movie...

soultonic

Hi Everyone,

This is my first post in this forum. I was wondering if anyone could help me track down the name of an old movie I watched as a kid and loved but can't for the life of me remember the name.

I’m sure it was a Chinese movie and there is a scene where 2 men fight outside and one guy will flick a coin in the air and the 2 men fight then before the coin hits the floor one of the men throws his shoe/ slipper to catch the coin. They do this about 4 times. 

I really want to watch again and have searched so hard but can’t find it. Any help would be much appreciated 😊

Thanks, Austin.

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

This seems so familiar. I think I've seen it, but can't place it.

Come on people- somebody here must know this film?

Much as I hate to say it, that particular scene sounds like an obscure film because it doesn't look familiar at all.  Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying it's bad at all--just saying that it's obscure.

The closest thing I've seen to that Coin-catching stunt that you mention is from a Zatoichi Sword stunt where he deters a Yakuza gang by swiftly slicing off the tops of several lit-candles--as a result of which all the candle-tops wind up lined up along the length of his blade.

While I'm at it, I might as well mention the hilarious Zatoichi stunt where his Sword sliced off a Yakuza's loincloth.  The Yakuza was so horrified that he pissed.  I heard of guys pissing in their pants but this guy was pants-less!

• Administrator
On 2/7/2020 at 11:17 AM, KUNG FU BOB said:

This seems so familiar. I think I've seen it, but can't place it.

Come on people- somebody here must know this film?

20 hours ago, ShawAngela said:

Ins't it in one of Jackie Chan's early movies ?

This scene with the coin and the shoe rings a bell to me...

On 2/5/2020 at 4:47 AM, soultonic said:

Hi Everyone,

This is my first post in this forum. I was wondering if anyone could help me track down the name of an old movie I watched as a kid and loved but can't for the life of me remember the name.

I’m sure it was a Chinese movie and there is a scene where 2 men fight outside and one guy will flick a coin in the air and the 2 men fight then before the coin hits the floor one of the men throws his shoe/ slipper to catch the coin. They do this about 4 times. 

I really want to watch again and have searched so hard but can’t find it. Any help would be much appreciated 😊

Thanks, Austin.

Welcome to the forum @soultonic / Austin. Hopefully we can figure this out.

20 hours ago, ShawAngela said:

Ins't it in one of Jackie Chan's early movies ?

This scene with the coin and the shoe rings a bell to me...

Ah, you may be right @ShawAngela. Some of the Lo Wei directed ones I only watched once, and it was decades ago.

• Administrator

@soultonic sorry we weren't more help. I'm surprised no one here on the forum recognized the film you described. We usually have a positive ID very quickly.

On 2/5/2020 at 9:47 AM, soultonic said:

Hi Everyone,

Thanks, Austin.

Two Wondrous Tigers.  Watch from 52mins for coin flicking fight scene

• Administrator
13 hours ago, Akuma said:

Two Wondrous Tigers.  Watch from 52mins for coin flicking fight scene

And @Akuma to the rescue. Damn, I have seen that film, but soooo long ago. Thanks.

Thank you soooooo much! I am so happy and excited right now. This scene brings back such good memories for me. I was sure the movie title had Tiger in it too, but didnt want to throw people off the scent just in case I was wrong lol I can't wait to watch this movie later tonight when I get home from work. I wish I could buy you a drink or something to say thank you. Love you guys thank you sooo much:)

Archived