Kobe Bryant and Bruce Lee

Yihetuan

I'm sure many of you have already read/heard the news of the passing of NBA legend, Kobe Bryant in a helicopter crash this morning. Not sure if many are aware how much Kobe admired Bruce Lee and practiced Jeet Kune Do himself. He also released in collaboration with Nike his signature  Kobe Zoom V in honor of Bruce Lee.

“It seems Bruce Lee has nothing to do with basketball. To me it has everything to do with basketball. There are a lot of similarities,” Bryant told the Times while touting Lee’s philosophy of engaging in combat without being rigid in the approach to battle.

“By doing so, no one knows what you are going to do next, therefore, they don’t know how to fight back,” he said. “I’ve been working hard to infuse his principles of utility, agility, speed and efficiency to my own training.”

“Bruce Lee was always one of my muses growing up. I’ve read everything he’s ever written; I’ve watched every film he’s ever been in, and I’ve watched pretty much every interview he’s ever done.

“He was really big on sharing his knowledge and hoped he could inspire. Not to learn how to fight, but through the art of fighting, learn how to be a better person. That’s what I want to pass on to the future generations.”

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply
OpiumKungFuCracker

Was just gonna mention this. I mean the yellow tracksuit and the lakers team color say's it all. RIP to both legends. 

Archived