The Gentlemen-Guy Ritchie

sym8

The Gentlemen-Guy Ritchie

Very enjoyable movie,great story telling and the cast are fantastic.Mathew McConaughey is great but I thought Colin Farrell stole the show.Guy Ritchie has had a few duds but this isnโ€™t one of those and he is on form here.Based in the London underworld this maybe enjoyed more by British people but I do highly recommend this for the way the story is told.๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

• Like 2

Great movie and coincidentally last one I watched before cinemas had to shut down. The lines and patter are as sharp as a razor blade. Everybody in the cast seems to have a blast. Some good laughs as well. A gangster movie with lots of wit. There's also some nice violence (Wait... can violence be nice!?). Highly recommended.

• Like 3

masterofoneinchpunch

It was interesting to see RocknRolla just recently and compare and contrast some of the similar elements of both British crime films.ย  The Gentlemen was second-to-last that I saw in the theater and so far my favorite film of the horrific 2020.ย  I love Ritchie's use of comedy, camera movement, dialogue and characterization in both films. I do wonder about McConaughey's accent.ย  Farrel is awesome, except for his attire which makes him even more awesome.ย  Always great to see someone explain other's fighting faults.ย  Also interesting to see MMA mixed in choreography which has been more of the norm I believe.

Interesting reference (pound of flesh) to Merchant of Venice (though done in reverse since the recipient was Jewish; and technically it was not done in Merchant of Venice).

So far no duds from Ritchie, but I still have not seen Revolver, Swept Away and Aladdin.ย  I really don't want to watch Swept Away since I've seen the original and it was not to my liking (where you want to strangle every character and you would rather rewatch Toshiro Mifune and Lee Marvin trapped again on an island).ย  I definitely want to see Revolver next, but it will me more likely Aladdin.

At some point I will by the BD.

• Like 4

It was never my intention to see itย but I ended up seeing the movieย anyway with my GF because she'sย a big fan of Henry Golding. The quirky dialogue and some of the action scenes were nicely staged but altogether I wasn't too impressed.

• Like 2

Drunken Monk

This one isnโ€™t one of Ritchieโ€™s classics. Itโ€™s entertaining enough but itโ€™s a film Iโ€™m sure Iโ€™ll never watch again. It just doesnโ€™t have much replay value in my eyes.

Hugh Grant steals the show while, oddly, Matthew McConaughey does very little. I found him very bland. Thankfully, Ritchie knows how to write dialog and so everything is razor sharp and smart.

Itโ€™s a fine film - letโ€™s say three out of five - but I wish Ritchie still had his old magic.

• Like 2

Well what do you know!

Jim aka Chin - James Warren represented Great Britain in Judo for twelve years winning a Gold medal at the 2002 Commonwealth Games

Primetime - Christopher Evangelou is a Former Pro Boxer

• Like 2

NoKUNGFUforYU

I saw it, kind of let down, though some nice payoffs at the end. Made some critics worst movie of the year lists, which is silly.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, NoKUNGFUforYU said:

Made some critics worst movie of the year lists, which is silly.

That's ridiculous. I personally loved it and have recommended it to my pals. I was never a fan of Ritchie, and I've never enjoyed any of his movies as much as I enjoyed Gentlemen.

• Like 4