Everything Everywhere All at Once (2022) - Michelle Yeoh, Jonathan Ke Quan, Jamie Lee Curtis

AlbertV

Just got back from watching this and I personally thought this was a pile of sh.t,a story I just didn’t understand,very little action and an ending that dragged on longer than Lord Of The Rings.Just wasn’t for me I guess😞

• Like 6
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Best movie experience I've had in a long time! I even crossed borders just to watch this LOL.

I will not attempt to describe the movie because simply put it just needs to be experienced. There's so many beautiful nuances through out. It's literally unbelievable the amount of love, care and creativity the Daniels put into this.

Go see it and more importantly support this gem by buying a ticket. If you're tired of the endless amount of schlock coming out of Hollywood. This is a chance to stick it to them! Even more so your support ensures future productions who might choose a different path outside the Hollywood formula.

I'm so happy and proud of Michelle. This long overdue exposure to a bigger audience is more than deserved. Not to mention the incredible supporting cast. James Hong a legend himself at age 93! finally received his walk of fame star as well. The wheels are turning... slowly.

Watch the interview below and look at the sincerity of Michelle. It even almost had me in tears. Highly recommended movie that needs to be experienced in theaters.

• Like 7

Super Ninja
3 hours ago, laagi said:

Watch the interview below and look at the sincerity of Michelle. It even almost had me in tears.

Seen this interview a couple of days ago, what she said at the end was beautiful and touching, cought me off guard. 

And I agree, there's so much love and passion in this movie that it radiates, you can tell the cast and crew really believed in the project.

• Like 3
  • Buddha Bless You 1

Drunken Monk

I haven't been able to see this one yet so I decided to order the 4K Blu Ray. I actually comes out on my birthday so it'll be a nice little gift to myself.

• Like 5

• Administrator
KUNG FU BOB

My son wanted to take me somewhere to have some fun after I endured a bunch of really shitty months, and treated me to lunch at the greatest hamburger joint, Nifty Fifties (like a milkshake joint from the '50s, but with all fresh-made food and award-winning shakes. When @Karlos crossed the ocean to hang out and meet Sonny Chiba and Angela Mao I took him there. He'll tell ya- it's awesome!) and then we saw EVERYTHING EVERYWHERE ALL AT ONCE. I don't have much time to spare or I'd write more, but I just wanted to say it gets my highest recommendation, and I implore you all to take your significant other and friends to see it ASAP. It's the cinematic hug you need to forget about Covid/the government/bills/ work/nasty people, and anything else that gives you the blues. I've pre-ordered the 4K*, but I am so glad I saw it in the theater first. See it that way if you can!

*Yeah, so I finally got a PS5, which means I have a 4K player now. But uh... it's been here a month or more and I still haven't had a chance to even set it up yet. :tongueout

• Like 7
  • Buddha Bless You 1

Interesting fact and would've probably been a whole different story...

The Daniels originally wrote the screenplay for Jackie Chan (of all people) which would've played the husband opposite Michelle Yeoh. So the story would've put him in the center of the action. However due to scheduling conflicts Chan had to decline. Apparently the Daniels even flew to China just to see him. So instead they put the wife (Michelle Yeoh) first and had Chan now replaced by Jonathan Ke Quan be second.

Oh Jackie bad choice! However truth be told I'm glad he didn't accept. The movie is a true gem as it is. Guess, it just had to turn out this way in order for us to have this unique experience. But this story only adds to the value of the movie.

• Like 6

OpiumKungFuCracker

Easily one of the most enjoyable movies you’ll ever see this year. Michelle Yeoh straight murdered this role. I don’t think people understand how good of an an actor she really is. Most see her as an action star with the Jackie Chan and Jet li of the worlds. Holy shit, she brought her A game. 

• Like 6

J.J. Hayden

So many people seem to be happy with this film, even the Critical Drinker recommends it. I suppose I'll have to try and see it at some point.

• Like 4

Leung Tsan

What a blast.... I saw it twice already and the second screening was even more awesome.... I really think this is one of the very best movies I ever saw.... action, comedy, drama, rom-com.... this is a real gem, can't stop thinking about it and how beautiful this journey was.... the amount of details they put in there.... you can clearly feel the love and care they put in this movie.... Of course Michelle is outstanding here, but the whole cast is awesome.... I will watch it several times again, this is so much enjoyable.... I still can't believe it....For me, it's an instant cult movie no doubt.

• Like 8

Super Ninja
8 hours ago, Leung Tsan said:

For me, it's an instant cult movie no doubt.

Agreed. I even told people it is destined to become a cult classic.

• Like 3

OpiumKungFuCracker
17 hours ago, J.J. Hayden said:

EFAP are doing an episode on this right now, it seems they are enjoying it.

I am a podcast nerd, what is EFAP so I can subscribe to it. Thank you 

• Like 2

J.J. Hayden
13 minutes ago, OpiumKungFuCracker said:

I am a podcast nerd, what is EFAP so I can subscribe to it.

They are a podcast hosted by 3 content creators who have their own YT channels: MauLer, Rags and Fringy. They mostly cover Movies and TV but also cover games and other pop culture. They usually have many guests on to join them and there's a lot of cross over with the Friday Night Tights crew if you're aware of them, if not, I highly recommend them too, especially if you're into comics as they all a lot more nerdy, lol.

EFAP stands for Every Frame A Pause, because they stop the movie etc. and do breakdowns seemingly every few seconds, it's great if you like long form content with lots of humour. If you missed an episode you can find it archived on the MooLer channel, there's nearly 200 of them.

image.jpeg.6def048c76adabb6045e7ae2d768a3f1.jpeg

• Like 3

I pre-ordered my Blu-Ray. set for release this Tuesday so I'm definitely looking forward to it! 

• Like 1

Drunken Monk
4 hours ago, AlbertV said:

I pre-ordered my Blu-Ray. set for release this Tuesday so I'm definitely looking forward to it! 

Diabolik shipped mine today. I'm itching to get to it!

• Like 1

Drunken Monk

While Everything Everywhere All At Once is not a martial arts movie, it's as good as most people say it is. This film is easily one of the best of the year. If it wasn't for The Batman, it would be the best of the year for me. It's an enchanting journey that's as weird as it is touching. It'll make your smile, it might make you cry and you'll definitely appreciate the fight scenes. Ke Huy Quan and his bum bag/fanny pack is a standout.

If Michelle Yeoh doesn't get an Oscar nomination, it'll be one of the biggest snubs in the history of the Academy. It's the role of a lifetime for her.

A wonderful film.

• Like 3

I watched this over the weekend with my wife and daughter (despite the R rating, it was rated 14 years here). My daughter loved it and declared it to be her favorite film. My wife liked it, but thought it was too long and had unnecessary scenes (she didn't go for a lot of the bawdy humor). I enjoyed it a lot, especially because I could identify a lot with that family. The fight scenes were pretty good, even if played for laughs. And I didn't expect a running Ratatouille gag involving a racoon. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, DrNgor said:

My daughter loved it and declared it to be her favorite film.

So glad to hear this @DrNgor, your daughter seems to have a good taste in movies. 

• Like 1

From Facebook: 

Congratulations to Everything Everywhere All At Once for their six 2023 #GoldenGlobes nominations! 🙌🙌🙌 https://maactioncinema.com/
🏆Best Motion Picture - Musical or Comedy
🏆 Best Director - Daniel Kwan and Daniel Scheinert
🏆 Best Screenplay - Daniel Kwan and Daniel Scheinert
🏆 Best Actress - Michelle Yeoh 楊紫
🏆 Best Supporting Actor - #KeHuyQuan
🏆 Best Supporting Actress - Jamie Lee Curtis
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, DrNgor said:

From Facebook: 

Is there no award for best action? If there is, why do Martial Club not have it.

Not that these awards really stand for much these days.

• Like 1