Seeking martial arts film

Warmonk

For the past year I've been trying to locate a particular (1970's) 3D martial arts film of which I have only but a vague memory of its characters and plot. As such, I'm searching on very very limited information. Below are two things that pop into mind regarding the characters.

1) The antagonist wore a chain mail jerkin that converted into a large throwing star

2) There was a scene in which the protagonist was walking on a trail through rice paddy fields with peasant farmers working the fields on both sides. The peasants, all wearing coolie hats and cloaks, turn out to be assassins waiting in ambush. They all carried staves that converted into a chained pincer type weapon. The protagonist, equipped with his trusty quarter-staff, defeats them all in a gruesomely entertaining fight scene.

I understand that this is not much to go on, but maybe -- just maybe -- some expert kung fu film connoisseur on this forum will know the title of this film.

Thank you.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, DrNgor said:

That would be DYNASTY (1977) with Dorian Tan Tao-Liang.

Wow, that was incredibly quick. This forum certainly lives up to it's reputation.

My eternal quest has come to its end.

Thank you very much, DrNgor! 

22 hours ago, Warmonk said:

Wow, that was incredibly quick. This forum certainly lives up to it's reputation.

My eternal quest has come to its end.

Thank you very much, DrNgor! 

Glad to be of service! And welcome, @Warmonk

Archived