Kung Fu (reboot)

Drunken Monk

According to Deadline, David Leitch (director of Hobbs & Shaw, Atomic Blonde and Deadpool 2) is set to direct a reboot of Kung Fu. By Kung Fu, I mean the show starring David Carradine. This time it will be a full-length movie after Universal bought the rights from ABC.

Fingers crossed, Leitch will go back to the more intimate action set-pieces he once directed instead of the big, explosion filled stuff of his recent movies. 

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, Drunken Monk said:

According to Deadline, David Leitch (director of Hobbs & Shaw, Atomic Blonde and Deadpool 2) is set to direct a reboot of Kung Fu. By Kung Fu, I mean the show starring David Carradine. This time it will be a full-length movie after Universal bought the rights from ABC.

Fingers crossed, Leitch will go back to the more intimate action set-pieces he once directed instead of the big, explosion filled stuff of his recent movies. 

There us going to be a new series with a female lead too, posted this link in the serial action threa.

Fox is moving forward with a reboot of 1970s series Kung Fu, this time showcasing a female lead and a change of setting...

Source- https://www.denofgeek.com/uk/tv/52258/kung-fu-reboot-series-in-the-works

59 minutes ago, Drunken Monk said:

If Universal bought the rights, can Fox still make a show?

Very good question, I wonder if either project is even aware of each other?. Or will it be the other way round?, have Fox already bought the rights?. Re-booting the series on the big and small screen, at the same time?.

28 minutes ago, DragonClaws said:

Very good question, I wonder if either project is even aware of each other?. Or will it be the other way round?, have Fox already bought the rights?. Re-booting the series on the big and small screen, at the same time?.

Well, Fox is no longer doing the TV reboot and instead will go to the CW. I think this may be a case where one company is given the Film rights to reboot and another company has the rights to do a television reboot. Case in point, Child's Play. MGM only owns the original 1988 film, so they were allowed to reboot it (hence the 2019 reboot), but all sequel rights were given to Universal and thus, Universal will be continuing their series in the Chucky TV series. 

Archived