Contour (The Stunt People) Review

Guest Chen Zhen

Guest Chen Zhen

watched Contour today

...and wow, was this a kickass flick.....gotta say im extremely impressed.

ur going to have to excuse the late pass, but i just saw it today for the first time.

now, i dont want to spoil things for anyone on here who hasnt seen the film, so i want go into any detail that i normally do when i write a review.....but this is an action-comedy....and the comedy stuff is actually really funny.....hahahhaa i was laughing all throughout the movie. Ed's voice could get a lil annoying, but that was intentional i guess....LOL @ Vlad in general....overall, the plot is very silly....but entertaining enough to keep me interested in the movie when there wasnt an action scene going on. the acting was surprisingly good too.....no academy awards, but it was convincing enough for me.

now, i would assume anybody who bought this is really only seeing it for the action, and ur boi YK86 can safely tell u that this is definetely the best SP stuff ive seen to date. it was filled with lots and lots of action, and it was really tough to choose a single favourite fight....but that rooftop fight between ed and eric (i think that was eric at least) was REALLY something...most SP fights ive seen are usually all hand to hand, so it was refreshing to find some more weapon combat this time around, and boy did it rock...

i liked how eric went straight TYG/old boy with a few of the action takes.....some of the takes were RIDICULOUSLY long....not quite tyg long, but but unlike tyg, they maintained their intensity and believability. camerawork, generally speaking was very good with lots of great angles and editing.

almost seems unfitting to say that this is the best martial arts action ive seen probably in the last 6 or so years of martial arts filmmaking...but its the best martial arts action ive seen in like the last 6 or so years of martial arts filmmaking. wow, ive never been more impressed with u guys, big ups. ive had the benefit of discovering u guys early and seeing ur growth, but this @#%$ is next level. hard to see how u'll top this one...

gets the Official Chen Zhen Stamp of Approval

bigups

9/10

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Chinatown Kid

Where's the best place to find this film Chen? I really enjoyed the contour scenes in the film B-13 and wouldn't mind seeing some more of this stuff.

Guest Chinatown Kid

Yes parkour is exactly what I was thinking of and got it confused with contour. :o Anyway thanks for letting me know where I can buy it because I still want to see it since you say the fight scenes are so good. :D

Guest theportlykicker

Good to know you've finally seen it, Chen. I agree with you about the rooftop fight. :eek Amazing stuff there.

Oh, and nice review man.

Archived