Name that movie!

*Dancing*Dragon*

*Dancing*Dragon*

Greetings all you martial arts and kung fu film lovers!

I have a movie in mind I forgot the title of and it sadly is no longer is in my library. I could recognize it in a heartbeat with some help.

I believe it was a one word title like "The Fighter" or "The Warrior". I could be wrong but it might be a good clue. 

The story from this film goes like this. A white american is hired as a guard to take an ancestral sword back to a dojo in Japan. A rival dojo attacks and steals the sword. The american man stays and learns martial arts from the hiring dojo. He becomes very emphatic towards them and wants to do something for someone other than himself. Eventually they raid the rivals leaders mansion and steal it back.

Maybe this sounds generic but I thought the movie was superbly done. It takes place somewhere between the 70s-80s I would guess. In the beginning an old man in a wheelchair hires him. A scene that stood out to me was when he ate his first meal with his hosts they all ate live eels! No cgi, no props, no camera trick cuts. The man was really tall, or seemed because he was around Japanese people. He had longer hair a little above shoulder length during the movie. In the end scene there's alot of cool combat but a surprising amount of gun use for a kung fu film. I believe briefly in the very beginning hes living in nyc.

I hope someone out there knows this movie and would help refresh my memory! I would very much like to see it again!

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived