Of these which is your favourite? (With Poll)

Omni Dragon

20 members have voted

1. 1. ...

• Shaolin Temple (1976)
    • Five Shaolin Masters (1974)
    • Men from the Monastery (1974)
    • The Shaolin Avengers (1976)
    • Heroes Two (1974)
    • Two Champions of Shaolin (1980)
    • Showdown at the Cotton Mill (1978)

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply
TibetanWhiteCrane

Shaolin Temple, the epic, all-star wrap-up to Chang Cheh's Shaolin cycle and his return to HK following the Taiwan stint. Great training scenes, great fights, life lessons and knowledge nuggets, figures from martial arts lore etc. What's not to love?

Not sure why it says: 'This poll is closed to new votes'?

Yes, WHY ???:bs_hysterical::bs_angry:

I haven't vote as yet, though choosing only one is very difficult !!

I love all of them, but among the 7 of them (Showdown at the cotton mill isn't a pure Shaws' one, but deserves to be here, in my opinion), I would have chosen Showdown at the Cotton Mill, Five Shaolin Masters and Two champions of Shaolin ex aequo, I can't choose one among these...

2 hours ago, ShawAngela said:

Showdown at the cotton mill isn't a pure Shaws' one, but deserves to be here, in my opinion

Indeed it's not a Shaws, but still to me it feels like it unofficially fits in with the Shaolin Temple/cycle series. That series is what gave me the idea for the poll even though I didn't explicitly say that before.

22 hours ago, Silver and Gold Dragon said:

Yes hopefully the mods will fix this soon and I'll cast my vote for Cotton Mill.

I sent a message to the administrators about the issue so hopefully they will open it back up soon. The reason I picked Showdown  at the Cotton Mill is because of how the close and loving bond between Chi and his wife and son are portrayed, his loyalty to his Shaolin brothers, the way Tan plays the villain with cunning and ruthlessness, and the incredible matchup and contrast between Chi and Tan's styles.

48 minutes ago, CT KID said:

The reason I picked Showdown  at the Cotton Mill is because of how the close and loving bond between Chi and his wife and son are portrayed, his loyalty to his Shaolin brothers, the way Tan plays the villain with cunning and ruthlessness, and the incredible matchup and contrast between Chi and Tan's styles.

I couldn't say it better !!

And also, the story is more explicit regarding why Chi Kuan Chun was in war with the guys of the cotton mill (if I remember well), at least much better than in the Shaws' movie...

On 1/13/2020 at 3:48 PM, Silver and Gold Dragon said:

@ShawAngela

Not sure why the poll was closed. I just "re-opened" it and cast my vote. Hopefully, it's working for others now as well.

Chu Liu Hsiang

I went for SHAOLIN TEMPLE too (very closely followed by FIVE SHAOLIN MASTERS). Gotta rewatch COTTON MILL, only watched it once right at the beginning of my HK movie "addiction" and don't remember very much. 

5 shaolin masters. Although it is so close to shaolin temple imo if watch shaolin temple now could give vote for it. Both are masterpieces but maybe coz of drama but still masters have edge. For action, Temple is superior.

Archived