Jet Li/Jason Statham's WAR trailer!

Guest David 83CA

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest VenomsFan

Sweet. Their first film was The One, which I liked but they did not have any action between the 2 of them. Then Jason went on to do Transporter films and Jet, KissofTheDragon/DannytheDog. They both have been working with Corey Yeun so we can only imagine.

Only thing is the French directors Besson, etc. did their last films with Jet and Jason. So I wonder how much of a difference that will make. Given that we have a rap video director's first feature length film! He did 2nd unit on National Treasure. So shyt, I've got a toss up...

Guest Daisho2004

It looks good but it also looks like there is another story behind it, I think Jet & Jason are going to team up to fight the Big Boss from what I gather when watching the trailer.

Guest Chinatown Kid

I was hoping Jet and Jason would fight each other, that would be pretty cool to see!

Guest VenomsFan

Yeah Jason was all good with Corey Yeun's team since Transporter 1! He is defnitely doing his own stuff, always has.

The trailer DOES show the 2 going head to head, so no question we'll see the matchup there.

All Jet has to do is top his finale from Danny the Dog and intro fight from Kiss of the Dragon - shyt he was hot in that laundry room - and I am bustin my nut all over the place.

I like how Jet is the bad guy, too. He does good as the bad guy, that he does.

For me, direction (camera angles, etc.) and soundtrack (metal or hip hop) will make or break for me. Funny thing is I will see it regardless.

When the heck does it come out?

Guest Chen Zhen

fearless = jet li's last martial arts "epic"

he'll still make action films.

looks real gritty and interesting, despite the cliche plot. but i seriously hope that the heavy metal/hiphop is kept to an absolute minimum.

Guest Daisho2004

Dahnamics Jet Li said he didn't want to do (Historic)period Martial Arts movies. He wants to stay modern like "Kiss of the Dragon" "Unleashed" and now "War".

Guest wudawg

I thought this movie was called Rogue? When did they change the title? I saw a couple of reels of this film already and all I can say is that I'll wait for rental. I had high hopes for this movie but the action that I saw looked badly choreographed and edited and the acting was a little more than silly at times. I must say the trailer looks good though, I wish I could see that movie ... :rollin Looks like another clunker for Jet and Jason.

Guest Beat TG

I won't get excited for now. the trailer was good and all but it's hard to tell if it's going to be good.

Guest HungKuen
Dahnamics Jet Li said he didn't want to do (Historic)period Martial Arts movies. He wants to stay modern like "Kiss of the Dragon" "Unleashed" and now "War".

It has nothing to do with him wanting to "stay modern", as he is still making period films (that Blood Brothers remake with Andy Lau and Takeshi Kaneshiro). It has to do with him not wanting to make any more movies that focuses on the philosophy of wushu.

bamboo spear

I hope they go all out for their fight. I was disappointed with Statham in "The One", now he'll get to show some of his skills.

Guest vlade2002

Well it's a good idea ... Jet Li is a true martial arts actor, he's a legend, it's painfull to see him put against an actor. No offence to Jason Statham, but he's no on screen fighter, not a bad actor by all means, maybe a good B grade action star, but not a leading man... sorry but i'm not convinced.

Guest Chen Zhen

statham is actually a legit martial artists.....not quite as skilled as jet, but he knows what hes doing...

Guest vlade2002
statham is actually a legit martial artists.....not quite as skilled as jet, but he knows what hes doing...

Well I have two eyes my friend :) you can be a legit martial artist, but applying it on screen is another thing. Camera angles help people with less ability. I am not a Donnie Yen fan, but I do agree with what he says about ability and using it on screen. We have seen Tony Jaa, Jackie Chan, all the greats, I just expect no less these days. Just my opinion! :)

Either way, i'm sure the film will be fine, production wise, and probably a fun flick.

Guest theportlykicker
Camera angles help people with less ability.

Camera angles can help anyone, regardless of their ability.

Guest vlade2002
Camera angles can help anyone, regardless of their ability

True, and that's the beauty of film :)

Somebody like Bruce Lee though is a great example of true skill, wide shots, no tricky low angles needed to make him look good. Hwang Jang Lee, all those guys you can see how clean and sharp they really are, and see their true ability, no tricks. Alternative - quick snappy cut-aways, and low camera angles when a kick is being performed, this is good for a somebody like an Andy Lau, Chow Yun Fat, even Steven Seagal.

i watched this movie last night.. i have to say that this "war/rogue" is a really enjoyable movie, nice action scenes,good acting,standard plot,really hk's feeling for the entire movie... absolutely worth it (the gags reel on the Uk dvd are quite simple and not that funny but still..). what d u guys think? did u like it?

Archived