HK movies w/: Jet Li Vs. Sammo, Jet Li Vs. Biao

Guest W Hong

Guest W Hong

I know that you can't have everything, but I thought I'd talk about this anyway. For some reason it seems like there has never been a HK movie which shows a fight scene between sammo/Jet or Jet/Biao. what do you think was the reason or reasons for this? I guess that the Jet/Biao fight is not that likely for a new HK movie, but I still wonder about that. do you still wish that a HK movie could've shown at least one of those two particular fights? I know that Jet already worked w/ sammo on "OnceUATICA", and that Jet co-starred w/ Biao in "OUATIC'. I just wanted to get some opinions. I also know that there was "Circus Kids", but I wonder how come Biao didn't fight Donnie in that movie.

I know that some of you have said good things about Yuen biao because of his one or two recent HK kung fu TV series. So if Biao has gotten good reviews for those, then maybe he should appear in another HK movie. I do know one thing, though, which is how bad that Biao's HK movies(after 1996) have been. "Circus Kids" was probably his last good HK movie. I hated all of his other HK movies which came after that. Yes, that includes "Hero"(the Biao movie, not the Zhang Yimou/Jet Li movie). I even remember seeing Biao's "Hero" at a movie theatre, maybe at West L.A.'s Nuart. Biao's "Hero"seemed to be nothing special, and I remember not liking the ending that much. I hope that I didn't bother other Biao fans because of these opinions.

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest theportlykicker

Of course I would love to have seen these match-ups, but I doubt there was a specific reason that they never happened.

Guest kungfusamurai

Not technically fighting, but didn't Sammo spar very briefly with Jet Li in Kung Fu Cult Master, as part of a training sequence?

Biao and Jet fought briefly in Once Upon a Time In China, before Jet realized Biao's character was a good guy.

Perhaps they never had any extended fight scenes because it would require Jet to be the good guy, while Biao and Sammo played bad guys. And those two guys were always good guys, except in their earlier (70s) days, and after 2000.

So there's still a chance that they could spar more intensely.

KFS

Archived