White Phantom (1987) - Jay Roberts Jr., Bo Svenson, Page Leong

AlbertV

I never heard of this movie until I came across Amazon Prime last night. A rare oddity from the 1980s it seems, it stars Jay Roberts Jr. in the titular role of Willi, a fun-lovin', harmonica-playin' adventurer who is also the White Phantom, a white-outfit clad-Ninja who must stop a band of ninjas from obtaining plutonium I'm guessing to make a bomb. According to IMDB, it could be considered a sequel or even spinoff of the B-movie cult classic Sakura Killers

As for its lead star, Jay Roberts Jr. is a Lieutenant with the Los Angeles Police Department these days: Found this on the LAPD website:
Jay Roberts Jr. was acting in movies in the early 1990s, and starred in six films. In 1993, he went through the line Reserve Academy, taking on the job of producing the recruit class video. He worked a patrol assignment in Hollywood for a period and finished a film in 2004 with actor James Brolin, before deciding to become a full-time officer. Today, Lieutenant Roberts is working on loan at the Topanga Gang Impact Team (GIT). He has also served as the Topanga Area Mid-PM Watch Commander and as Office of Operations Aide to Commander Kirk Albanese, who has since been promoted to Deputy Chief. You may recognize Lieutenant Roberts, as he was featured in photos and mini-movies as part of a 2004 Department recruitment campaign, and you can still see him on the joinlapd.com website.

MV5BMDFiZGQ1YTEtZGU1MS00M2E1LTkzNzQtMzVi

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 1/2/2020 at 4:20 PM, AlbertV said:

I never heard of this movie until I came across Amazon Prime last night. A rare oddity from the 1980s it seems, it stars Jay Roberts Jr. in the titular role of Willi, a fun-lovin', harmonica-playin' adventurer who is also the White Phantom, a white-outfit clad-Ninja who must stop a band of ninjas from obtaining plutonium I'm guessing to make a bomb. According to IMDB, it could be considered a sequel or even spinoff of the B-movie cult classic Sakura Killers

Posted some poster/stills videos from this film in the Ninja movie thread, but never watched it myself. I could have sworn someone on this forum reviewed it too?.

Archived